Scholarship may be what you need to pull through your university studies; hence you are in constant search for one. By flipping to this page, you have come to a point of solution because in this article you will learn all about the AGIP
You will know the eligibility, and the documents you need to apply for the scholarship. We shall answer in the end those prickly questions that may have been troubling your mind about the scheme.
Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) awards two categories of scholarships:
- The Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Post-Graduate Scholarship
Depending on which you target, carefully read below:
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR AGIP SCHOLARSHIP
- 2 POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2.1 ELIGIBILTY
- 2.2 THE DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
- 2.3 HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2.4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2.5 CONCLUSION
- 2.6 Share this:
Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) awards scholarships to a good number of Nigerian undergraduates. However, the Agip undergraduate scholarship is awarded in two categories:
- The Host Communities Merit Award: This Agip scholarship is strictly for candidates from the NAOC host communities.
- The National Merit Award: This is for applicants from the rest part of Nigeria, aside the NAOC host communities.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AGIP SCHOLARSHIP
If you met the above criteria, you can proceed to learn how you can make your application for Agip scholarship. The application procedure involves simple steps that you can take, nonetheless.
THE DEADLINE FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
The application of Agip undergraduate runs from 1st August through August 31st 2020. Meanwhile, the scholarship is not yet on, thus the official deadline has not been defined.
The the programme is both in undergraduate and post-graduate categories. As such, the eligibility of the both differs.
- Students eligible are Nigerian students in their freshman year
- The candidates must also be registered fulltime students in the Nigerian universities.
YOU SHOULD NOT APPLY THE SCHOLARSHIP IF:
- You are in an academic level higher than 100 ie from 200 level and above.
- You are already a beneficiary of a similar scholarship from another company.
- You are a dependant of NOAC/NAE/AENR
Interested candidates who fall into the accepted category must have the scanned copy of the following documents ready before they begin their application:
- School Identity Card
- Birth Certificate
- Admission Letter
- JAMB Result Slip
- O’Level Certificate
- Local Government Identification Certificate
- Identification letter from your Community Paramount Leader
- Passport photograph with white background. The size of the passport photograph should not exceed 250kb.
- A letter from CDC Chairman
- National Identification Number (NIN).
If you do not have the NIN, you can Click Here to Register for NIN.
Please note the following:
Make sure you have an active email address and an available phone number.
Ensure the documents you bear carry the same name as the one you are applying with.
Do make sure also that you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload.
As the company’s part of Corporate Social Responsibility, Nigerian Agip Exploration (NAE) sponsors eligible Nigerians for their post-graduate studies.
The post graduate scheme is also categorized into two:
- Overseas Scholarship: For study in a reputable university abroad
- Local scholarship: Candidates will study in recognized Nigerian Universities.
THE DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
You need to following documents to apply:
- A valid ID card e.g Driver’s License, Voter’s Card or National Identity Card.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Provisional admission letter for a Master’s degree programme in the chosen reputable university.
- Birth certificate
- NAE Compliance form which you are required to download and fill. Click Here to download the NAE Compliance form.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE POST-GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Log on the Agip NAE scholarship application portal at https://scholastica.ng/schemes/naescholarships (which may not be available when the scholarship is not on). You can simply go to www.scholastica.ng to get started with your application profile.
- Enter your email address, your name as they appear on your documents and your phone number.
- Go to your email and activate your Scholastica account.
- Upload the documents stated above according to how they are required.
- Submit your application when you have verified that the information you provided are correct.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Host Country of the Agip Scholarship?
The host country for the Agip post graduate and undergraduate scholarships is Nigeria.
How much is Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) worth?
The worth of the Agip undergraduate scholarship is N100, 000 per year.
When does Agip Scholarship start?
Usually, the Agip scholarship starts and ends between 1st August and 31st August annually.
Although, this is subject to change as the company decides.
Agip undergraduate and post-graduate scholarships are golden opportunity to Nigerians who really want get tertiary education, even when they do not have the financial muscle.
Go ahead to leave your questions or inquiries regarding the scholarship if you have any. Again, the Agip scholarship is one out of the many scholarships available for Nigerian students.
To learn more about other scholarships available for Nigerians, simply Click Here.
Do not miss any update on scholarships and jobs. Make sure you bookmark this page or sign up to our newsletter.