Are you from Akwa Ibom State and wondering how you can get hold of the State scholarship scheme and get your university education sponsored?
You are on the right page I must say, if the answer you have for the question above is “Yes.”
In this post, you will learn all about the Akwa Ibom State scholarship programme, the application requirements and those eligible to apply.
I have also brought you here, some other scholarships that are available to students from Akwa Ibom State.
Passing through the university while you are struggling financially is like walking headlong into death. I have been through the university and I clearly understand the height of financial demands of students.
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR ABIA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2 OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS
HOW TO APPLY FOR ABIA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
For now, the Akwa Ibom State government scholarship application is not available online. That is to say, the scholarship is currently unavailable.
We therefore urge you to disregard information carrying that the application is on. We also advise you subscribe to our newsletter so that you will remain in touch with us when new update is made concerning the scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the Akwa Ibom State government scholarship, candidates are required to meet the following requirements and criteria:
- You must be an Akwa Ibom State indigene
- Applicants should have the First School Leaving Certificate
- You must also have WAEC or NECO certificate
- Interested candidate must be a fulltime 100 level students of any of the following institutions: Akwa Ibom State University, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Akwa Ibom College of Education, Ritman University, Obong University Uyo City Polytechnic, College of Arts and Sciences
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
You must submit your scholarship application attached with the following documents:
- Admission letter into the institution. It must bear you course of study, year of admission and your duration of study.
- SSCE/ O’Level certificate
- Evidence of State and LGA of origin
- Your school ID card
- A valid means of identification: National ID card or Driver’s License.
- Your name, phone number and email must be contained in the application
Not to lose hope totally, there other scholarships available for students from Akwa Ibom State which you could tap into to get through the university.
SENATOR OBA UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
This is a scholarship scheme that was launched in 2016 and since its establishment, more than 140 students from Akwa Ibom in different universities across the country have benefitted from it.
Senator Obong Bassey Albert (OBA) is a senator representing the Akwa Ibom North East Senatorial zone. In his quest to strengthen the educational level of citizens from the State, Senator OBA offers the scholarship to qualified candidates.
- Senator OBA scholarship is only eligible for students from Akwa Ibom State
- Applicants must not be in their final year of study in their school.
- Candidates must be students of any of the public universities in Nigeria.
- Applicants, who will be above 25 years by December 2020, are not qualified to apply
- If you are already a beneficiary of another scholarship scheme, do not apply.
How to Apply
The application for Senator OBA grant for Akwa Ibom State natives is done through their official website.
- You will be automatically disqualified if you fill the scholarship application twice
- Do well to include a valid and active email address and phone number when you apply
- Do not involve in forgery as your student status and other details will be verified from the HOD of the department in the school you stated.
- In case you need to enquiry further about the OBA scholarship, do well to drop your message in the email address: email@example.com
NIGER DELTA POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
Yet another scholarship opportunity available to the Akwa Ibom State students is the Niger Delta Postgraduate scholarship which is offered by Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC).
The SPDC Niger Delta postgraduate scholarship is offered in courses related to the following for students who wants to pursue either a Master’s degree or PhD in them:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Geosciences
- Engineering Geology
- Petroleum Geophysics
- Exploration Geophysics
- Oilfield Corrosion Engineering
- Chemical Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
It is fully sponsored scholarship in the UK and the universities available for this scholarship are:
- Imperial College, London
- University College, London
- University of Leeds
After the application and selection exercise, a total number of ten students are chosen from these Niger Delta States: Bayelsa, River and Delta States; only these ten are awarded the scholarship.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Interested candidates must have a bachelors degree in the relevant field of study
- The students must either have a first class or second class upper division in the relevant course
- Applicants are required to be between 21 to 28 years
- Applicants must be indigenes of the host communities
- Candidates must meet the universities’ English Language requirements which is usually 6.5 in the IELTS score. The UK universities no longer receive the TOEFL results.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The SPDC Niger Delta postgraduate scholarship will cover tuition fee, one return flight from Nigeria to the United Kingdom. The scholarship will also contribute towards your living expenses.
To learn more and apply for this scholarship, simply Click Here.
There is list of other scholarships which you could also tap into as an Akwa Ibom State student. They would include:
If you have really followed me up to this point, I am sure you have grabbed all I have for you concerning Akwa Ibom State scholarship.
In the comment box below, do well to leave your questions, suggestions or recommendations. We will be glad to hear from you.
We make regular updates on different scholarships which would interest you. However, we advice you subscribe to our newsletter so that you will not miss out the great opportunities.