The aviation industry is a key industry in the economy of every nation. It does not only manage the portals into the country but it also creates valuable jobs for a good number of citizens.
In line with these advantages in addition to many other things, many aviation schools has sprung in Nigeria to make sure the industry is maintained with well trained professionals.
Carefully discussed in this scintillating article are the different aviation schools in Nigeria. Most of these aviation schools are in Lagos while some others are dissipated across the country. So now, read carefully to find out these schools to the best of your interest.
- 1 NIGERIAN COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY
- 2 INTERNATIONAL AVIATION COLLEGE
- 3 UNIVERSAL SCHOOL OF AVIATION
- 4 DHAEWOOD AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL
- 5 JAVI AVIATION
- 6 LANDOVER AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL
- 7 AERONAI SCHOOL OF AVIATION
- 8 OTHER AVIATION SCHOOLS IN LAGOS
- 9 AVIATION SCHOOLS IN ABUJA
- 10 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 11 CONCLUSION
- 12 Share this:
NIGERIAN COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY
The Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT) is the first aviation school to be established in Nigeria. It was first founded as the Nigeria Civil Aviation Training Centre in 1964. This aviation college is located in Zaria, Kaduna State.
With over 50 years of experience, Nigerian College of Aviation Technology is referred to as the best aviation school in Nigeria. The institution partners with top airline companies in Nigeria and they also have access to a fleet of aircraft on charter basis which they use for studies.
Some of the courses offered at the College of aviation are: Standard Pilot course, Private Pilot License, Flying Instructor course, Air Traffic Services, Aeronautical Telecommunications, Air Craft Maintenance Engineering and so on.
INTERNATIONAL AVIATION COLLEGE
Abbreviated as IAC, the International Aviation College located in Ilorin, Kwara State is another top aviation school in Nigeria. It is a private-owned aviation school which has been training and producing pilots since 2013. They are accredited by both local and international aviation bodies.
The school has the required facilities and the right human resources enough to deliver quality training to prospective pilots and other aviation professionals. Before you are enrolled into this college, you must be up to 17 years and have at least 5 credits in your O’Level certificate, for which English and Mathematics are included.
UNIVERSAL SCHOOL OF AVIATION
Universal School of Aviation abbreviated ad USA is a foremost aviation institute located in Ejigbo in Lagos State Nigeria. It is a well equipped college that trains aviation personnel.
They also groom students in Hotel management and Travel agency management. The fees students pay rises from N50, 000 to N7 million depending on your course of study. Most likely, the most expensive is the pilot programme.
DHAEWOOD AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL
Dhaewood Aviation Business School is another top ranking aviation school in Nigeria. It is well equipped to train individuals into aviation professionals. The school is accredited by the International Air Transport Association (IATA).
Some of the courses offered at the Dhaewood Aviation School are:
- Cabin Crew
- Aviation Travel
- Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Travel Visa Processing & Management
- General Cargo Handling & Operation
- Tourism Mgt, Travel Agency management
- Airline Operation Management
- Transport Management
- Hotel Management
- Airline Ground Operation Management
- Airline Security & Safety.
Learn more about Dhaewood Aviation School from their website.
Javi Aviation is a top aviation college located in Ikeja, Lagos State. They offer a wide range of aviation courses delivered by professionals from the industry.
They offer courses in Aviation Security, Cabin Crew, Flight Dispatcher, Basic Flight Operation Training, Risk Management and so many others. The fees paid at the Javi Aviation training institute depends on what course you are studying. The fees ranges from N50, 000 to N290, 000.
LANDOVER AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL
Landover Aviation Business School simply called LABS, was founded in 2002 in Lagos. This aviation school which is made up of only three faculties, is well equipped to deliver the best training to the aviation personnel. The three faculties are:
- The three faculties at LABS are: The Faculty of Travel and Tourism
- The Faculty of Aviation Management Operations
- The Faculty of Aviation Technical and Aviation Operations.
The school also boasts of having staff who are professionals and are certified by IATA and by other professionals bodies under the aviation industry, to deliver the required quality training to students of the school.
AERONAI SCHOOL OF AVIATION
Aeronai School of Aviation is an aviation training school located in Abuja.
They offer the following certificates:
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Air Cargo and Aviation Logistics
- Diploma in Airport Ground Landing
- Diploma in Airport Familiarizatio
- Security Management and Diploma in Air Hostess (Cabin Crew).
OTHER AVIATION SCHOOLS IN LAGOS
- Obafem Awolowo University Aviation Training Institute
- Port and Terminal Management Academy, 24 Burma Road, Apapa Lagos
- Sky Aviation Training Centre, 7 Akinlawanson Street, Off Charity Oshodi, Lagos
- Skywalker Training Centre, 36a Acme Road Ogba, Ikeja Lagos
- Planet Aviation School Ikeja
AVIATION SCHOOLS IN ABUJA
If you cannot access one of the many aviation schools in Lagos, you can go for those in Abuja. The school offers the following:
- Universal School of Aviation, Adetunji Alashe Street, Gwarimpa Abuja
- Aeronai School of Aviation, Opposite NEPA office,Old Karu Road.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it take to study aviation in Nigeria?
Aviation is the name given to a whole. That is to say, there are many aviation programmes and each have their duration of study. Nonetheless, degrees from aviation programmes can take you up to 3 years or less to complete. A standard Pilot course in Nigeria should take just 2 years to complete.
How much are Nigerian pilots paid monthly?
The monthly salary of the Nigerian pilots depends on which company they are working for. But generally speaking, the salary of Nigerian pilots ranges from N500,000 to N1.2 million.
What are the requirements you need to apply for the Nigerian Pilot programme?
You have to meet the following requirements in order to be eligible to undertake the Nigerian Pilot programme:
- You must be 18 years and above at the time of starting the programme
- You must have completed your secondary school or its equivalent
- You must be able to read, write and speak English Language proficiently
- You will need to have a valid international passport
- You are ready to be a full-time student, ready to take classes 5 days per week.
How much is Airhostesses Salary?
Air hostesses in Nigeria are paid a salary ranging between N100,000 and N300,000. The variation in salary comes from the different airline companies they are working for.
How much does it take to study the Pilot course in Nigeria?
It can cost you N7,000,000 to N7,500,000 to undertake the pilot course in Nigeria and the duration would be 65 weeks.
Now that you have known the different aviation schools in Nigeria, you can now head along with you dream of becoming an aviation personnel. The class of jobs provided by this discipline is definitely amazing: it will take you to places and you will be opportuned to meet different people in many works of life.
We have tried to answer some questions, but your questions have not be answered do well to drop them in the comment section. It will also be lovely to hear what you think about this article.
Do keep in touch with us as we bring you latest job and scholarship alerts. All you need do is subscribe to our newsletter and that is it! Comment and share.