Has it been your dream to be a banker and to work with noble institutions like the Central Bank of Nigeria?
You are not alone in that dream. There are many people who has same dream as you but few are chosen.
Be it as it may, you are lucky to have come across this article because you will learn here, everything you need to know about the CBN recruitment tips, and many things you did not know about banking.
Without further ado;
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CBN RECRUITMENT
- Visit the CBN official website at www.cbn.gov.ng
- On the menu tab, click “Career”
- Now navigate to the job advert link and click on it.
- Create your job application profile with your email and desired password.
- Go ahead to verify your email to enter the application page.
- On the online application form, fill your details a correctly as they appear on your supporting documents.
- Upload the needed documents and submit.
REQUIRED QUALITIES OF A BANKER
Well, having just the dream to be a banker is not enough to make you a good banker. Even if you become one without having the qualities required, you might have a hard time.
- Resilience must be an active part of you as a banker.
- To be a good banker, you must be smart, intelligent and a quick learner
- You must also be an innate problem solver, in order to make a good banker.
- Good bankers are good leaders who take responsibilities
- Excellent communication skill is required of any banker.
- Honesty is an inseparable attributes of bankers
- To work effectively as a banker, you must be co-operative with your colleagues.
This list of functions performed by CBN will help align your psychology to what the job is like, and what your roles are;
- Ensure stability in monetary and price terms.
- Ensure that the Nigeria financial system is sound
- Acts as bank to the Federal Government, and provide it with financial advice.
- Issue legal tender currency in Nigeria.
- Maintain external reserves, to safeguard the national currency from devaluation.
In summary, it oversees the control and administration of the monetary and financial sector policies in Nigeria. They also check the activities of other Banks and financial institutions in Nigeria.
No doubt, The job is a competitive one. This implies that applicants who must get the job will meet the set requirements and probably have extra qualifications to have a better shot at securing a position in the bank.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 22 and 30 years.
- Interested candidates must possess Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Applicants should have a second class upper division for Bachelor’s degree or upper credit for HND certificate.
- Candidates are required to have completed the compulsory NYSC, and have Discharge Certificate or have the NYSC exemption certificate.
- You must be a Nigerian who has provable good character.
- Applicants must be computer literate, having knowledge of basic computer applications.
- It is also required of applicants to be mentally sound.
- Candidates who make the job cut will be invited for a written test.
- All those you scaled through the test will be invited to the head office for an open day, where they will be given more insight into what their roles entails.
- These candidates will not be taken through a psychometric test and essay writing session, before a panel interview.
- There will be a final interview with the Head of Human Resources, after which successful candidates will be determined.
NOTE: At the time of publishing this article, the CBN recruitment has not started. We advise you disregard any information carrying that recruitment is on.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do They Take IT Students?
No, the CBN does not take IT students.
What core disciplines are required?
The core disciplines considered for are:
- Banking and Finance
- Computer Science
Does the CBN recruit NYSC members?
Yes the CBN recruits NYSC members if the need be. Graduates from the above disciplines are considered first.
Who is the governor?
The current CBN governor is Godwin Emefiele, a professional economist.
Very good, you are here with me till this point. I want to believe you have gotten all you should know about the CBN recruitment.
Nevertheless, if you have any question to ask, please do pour out your heart in the comment section; we are ready to answer you any time.