Do you aspire to become a student at Delta State University? Have you been in search of cut-off marks of the school?
If you answered yes to the above questions, then I must assure you that you have come to the right page.
In this post, you will learn all you would want to know about the JAMB cut-off mark of DELSU, and also the departmental cut-off mark of the University.
With the knowledge of the cut-off mark of your dream university and course of choice, you will know exactly what you are targeting and how to position yourself for a high score. This is invariably a huge step to success.
So now, I urge you to read along carefully, to get every bit of all we have for you here.
- 1 What is the JAMB Cut-off Mark of DELSU?
- 2 DELSU Departmental Cut-Off Marks
- 3 Briefly About Delta State University
- 3.1 Faculties and Courses Offered At Delta State University, Abraka.
- 3.2 Faculty of Agriculture
- 3.3 Faculty of Clinical Medicine
- 3.4 Faculty of Law
- 3.5 Faculty of Science
- 3.6 Faculty of Arts
- 3.7 Faculty of Engineering
- 3.8 Faculty of Management Sciences
- 3.9 Faculty of Social Sciences
- 3.10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.11 Does DELSU accept second choice candidates?
- 3.12 Does the University accept IJMB?
- 3.13 How can I gain admission?
- 3.14 Conclusion
- 3.15 Share this:
What is the JAMB Cut-off Mark of DELSU?
The official JAMB cut-off mark of Delta State University, Abraka is 180. Therefore if you made from 180 points and above in your UTME, then you have the chance of gaining admission into DELSU.
Nonetheless, you are not guaranteed of gaining admission even if you reach the required cut-off mark. This is because admission into DELSU is competitive, so you will need to score a bit higher than the minimum score, to have a better chance.
Well, if you do not score up to this cut-off mark, all hope for admission is not lost. You can apply for the JAMB change of course/institution, where you will have to change your institution of choice, from university to Polytechnic, Monotechnic, or College of Education.
And if you cannot consider changing your institution of interest, it is not still a bad idea to wait for next year when you will reapply for JAMB registration. Then, you will only learn the tricks of how to pass JAMB and probably play your role better.
DELSU Departmental Cut-Off Marks
|Agric Economics and Extension||45|
|Animal Science & Fisheries||45|
|Agronomy, Wildlife & Forestry||45|
|Hematology and Blood Transfusion||60|
|Obstetrics and Gynecology||60|
|Pediatrics and Child Health||60|
|Animal and Environmental Biology||45|
|Science Laboratory Technology||45|
|English and Literary Studies||47|
|Fine and Applied Arts||45|
|Languages and Linguistics||45|
|History and International Studies||47|
|Philosophy / Religious Studies||45|
|Accounting/Banking & Finance||47|
|Business Administration & Marketing||45|
|Accounting and Finance||47|
|Sociology / Psychology||47|
Kindly note that the official departmental cut-off mark of DELSU has not been released by the university Management.
However, we urge you to take the list as a mere guide and not as the the actual official list.
We shall keep you updated immediately the new list is published.
How is the DELSU cut-off point calculated?
DELSU aggregate is calculated in percentage. So to calculate your cut-off mark:
- Divide your JAMB score by 8
- Divide your post UTME score by 2
- Add the 2 points you calculated above.
- The resulting figure is your DELSU aggregate in percentage.
So from the list above, you can see whether you met the required minimum score, from the result you have.
Briefly About Delta State University
Delta State University, shortly known as DELSU is a State-owned university in Nigeria. It is located in Abraka, a town in Delta State Nigeria. Other campuses are at Anwai, Asaba, and Oleh.
However, it was established in 1992 by the Delta State government. The university runs both full-time and part-time programmes in a wide range of courses, and they offer degree and diploma certificates in these fields.
There are about 36,000 students from Delta State University, Abraka.
Faculties and Courses Offered At Delta State University, Abraka.
Today there are 7 academic faculties in Delta State University, Abraka. Listed below are the various faculties with their respective departments under them:
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agric Economics and Extension
- Animal Science & Fisheries
- Agronomy, Wildlife & Forestry
Faculty of Clinical Medicine
- Chemical pathology
- Community Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Hematology and blood transfusion
- Medical Microbiology
- Mental Health/Psychiatry
- Morbid Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatrics and Child Health
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
Faculty of Arts
- English and Literary Studies
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Languages and Linguistics
- History and International Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Philosophy / Religious Studies
Faculty of Engineering
- Chemical/Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Accounting/Banking & Finance
- Business Administration & Marketing
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Mass Communication
- Political science
- Sociology / Psychology
Frequently Asked Questions
Does DELSU accept second choice candidates?
No. Delta State University does not accept second choice candidates. DELSU is one of the best state universities in Nigeria.
However, it is highly competitive. So they’ll pay more attention to candidates who have chosen them as their first choice of institution.
Does the University accept IJMB?
Yes, Delta State University is listed among the state-owned universities that accept IJMB candidates.
How can I gain admission?
You can gain admission into Delta State University in two ways: the UTME method and the Direct Entry method.
For JAMB UTME candidates, you must choose the University as your first choice of institution.
- Score up to the minimum cut-off mark of the institution
- Have at least 5 credits in your O’Level, and the subjects must include English, Mathematics, and 3 other subjects relevant in your field.
- You must also be from 16 years and above
For Direct Entry candidates:
- You have scored up to the minimum cut-off mark for your course in JAMB
- You must have completed your ND with at least a credit pass.
- You must also have passed with credit in relevant courses.
Does DELSU accept NECO?
Yes with your NECO result, you can be accepted by DELSU. You can also use O’ Level Certificates like GCE, NABTEB or WASSCE.
Now, I would reiterate the point that the official JAMB cut-off mark of DELSU is 180. And if you have followed carefully, I also know you’ve studied the list of the departmental cut-off marks above.
Do not hesitate to drop your questions in the comment box if you have any. We are ready to help you with the best answer.
Was this post helpful? If it was, please do well to share it with your friends and classmates; they would love to know this too.
If this post was not helpful, we will also want to hear from you what we would have done to help.
Thank you and keep winning!