It is the dream of many students including you (I guess) to win one or more scholarships, to help pull through their tertiary education. It is a good dream anyway, and you will get what you want.
I have been to university and I know how difficult it could be to have financial difficulties in school. The pressure and emotional torture it will get you into will hardly allow you to focus on your studies and other growth strategies.
You are lucky if you are a student from Delta State because there is a robust scholarship plan made by the Delta State government.
We have answered questions on how to apply, who can apply, and what you need to apply.
Find out more;
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR DELTA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2 ELIGIBILITY
- 2.1 Delta State Bursary Programme
- 2.2 Delta State Scholarship Programme
- 2.3 OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DELTA STATE GOVERNMENT
- 2.4 HISTORY
- 2.5 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2.6 CONCLUSION
- 2.7 Share this:
HOW TO APPLY FOR DELTA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- You are required to fill the Fresh Application Form and submit online.
- An online processing fee of N800 will be charged when you use debit cards.
- When the Payment is successful, kindly login to your profile page to complete your details by providing your bank and your academics details.
- Download and print your Online Acknowledgement Card after successful payment for verification. You must retain your Acknowledgement Card after sending
- Scan and send a copy of the acknowledgment card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Start Your Delta State Bursary Application.
- Multiple applications will earn you outright disqualification. So, DO NOT apply more than once.
- Only students of approved Public and Private Owned Schools (University, Polytechnics, and College of Educations) are eligible to apply.
- The deadline for submission of the application is Thursday 12th March 2020.
Delta State Bursary Programme
- You must of Delta State origin
- You are also required to be above 18 years of age
- You MUST have registered with the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) and have the NIN.
- If you are below 18 years of age, you MUST submit your JAMB registration number.
- You must be a registered full-time student only, of any Public Tertiary Institutions (State or Federal).
- Diploma, Masters, or Ph.D. students are not eligible; only undergraduate students are eligible to apply.
- Either be in Second year or above (200 to 500 level) in the Universities or
- You may be in ND II and HND II in the Polytechnics / Monotechnic, Or
- You can be at the 200 level and above for all tertiary institutions.
- Only students of approved public and private-owned schools (University, Polytechnics, and College of Educations) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a CGPA of 2.20 and above in their previous academic year’s examination.
Delta State Scholarship Programme
- Applicants must be an indigene of Delta State.
- Interested candidates MUST have registered with the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) and have the NIN.
- Applicants should display intellectual ability and leadership potentials.
- Candidates must meet the University’s English language requirements (which is usually at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score valid for current year admission). Oversea/External Scholarship Only.
- Candidates must currently reside in Nigeria;
- You must prove that you must return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study abroad.
- You must also have a valid Nigerian passport.
- As a candidate, you must be a registered full-time student only, of any Public and Private Tertiary Institutions.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR DELTA STATE GOVERNMENT
Aside from the State government’s scholarship, students from Delta are also opportune for many other scholarships.
Most of these scholarships come from the top oil companies operating in the country.
You might want to visit the scholarship pages of the below-listed scholarships to find out about them and how you can apply:
Included in the list of other scholarships Delta State students can apply are the fully-funded local and international scholarships. You might also want to take the opportunity and hone your academic career goals.
The Delta State Government through the State’s Bursary and Scholarship Board, awards qualified students of Delta State scholarships and bursary, to help them through their undergraduate studies.
Since 2003 when the scholarship board was established, students from the State have continued to receive scholarship awards in different categories of scholarship programmes.
These programmes run by the scholarship board are:
- Students’ Special Assistance scheme
- Local Scholarship (in local public and private tertiary institutions)
- Foreign/International Scholarship
- First-Class Graduate Scholarship
- Financial Assistance to Law School Students
- Physically Challenged Scholarship
- Scholarship for Children of Deceased Civil Servants
- Scholarship for Maritime and Aviation Students
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to apply if I am not from Delta State?
No. This scholarship is only for indigenes of Delta State.
Can I apply for the scholarship without a NIMC number?
No. One of the major documents you must apply with your National Identity Card which must bear your NIN.
How can I enroll for NIN outside Delta State?
You can simply visit http://www.nimc.gov.ng/nimc-enrolment-centres/ to register.
What are my chances of winning the bursary/scholarship?
If you meet the requirements stated above, you are eligible to win the bursary.
Having got here, I will believe you have read through everything and have understood all you would need to know about the Delta State Government scholarship.
Do not hesitate to drop your questions in the comment box if you have any. Perhaps you have suggestions as per ways to improve this article, we will be glad to hear from you too.
Do well to subscribe to our newsletter or bookmark this page, so that you will be informed about the latest scholarship updates that we are sure you will like. Share this with your friends and keep winning.