rWorking with an oil firm or ministry could be fulfilling. Of course they provide high paying jobs which many would like to take. But do not be tricked by the weight of the pay; well paying jobs are also high risk jobs.
Jobs in the Department of Petroleum Resource, DPR can be seen as one of those jobs described as high paying jobs, but risky.
In this post, I hope to reveal to you all you need to know about the organization.
The requirements you must meet, how you can apply, the relevant disciplines recruited and finally, answers to some questions you may be asking.
- 1 REQUIREMENTS FOR DPR RECRUITMENT
- 1.1 HOW TO APPLY
- 1.2 ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES (DPR)
- 1.3 FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES?
- 1.4 WHAT DISCIPLINES ARE TAKEN ?
- 1.5 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1.6 CONCLUSION
- 1.7 Related Posts:
- 1.8 Share this:
REQUIREMENTS FOR DPR RECRUITMENT
To get a job with a ministry like the Department of Petroleum Resources, you must not compromise qualification and eligibility. This mean you must have all that is required of you, else you will end up not getting the job.
- Applicants must have B.Sc, BA, B.Pharm. or HND in any relevant discipline, with a minimum of second class Upper Division obtained from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Candidates are required to have their NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 30 years.
- It is also required that applicants are computer literate.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates interested in the DPR job are required to fill the job application. Follow these steps to submit your entry for the Department of Petroleum job:
- Visit the DPR official recruitment portal at www.dpr.gov.ng
- Click the job advert button to be taken to the job application page.
- Fill the form with your valid details.
You are required to upload the following documents before you submit your application:
- A scanned copy of your NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate.
- A scanned copy of your academic certificate or official statement of result (F.S.L.C, O’Level certificate, Bachelors Degree, HND, OND or NCE certificates).
- Scanned passport photographs
- Your local government identification certification
- You birth certificate or age declaration (affidavit).
When you have uploaded these documents and confirmed that the information you provided earlier are in alignment with what the documents say, submit.
You will get an acknowledgement for a successful application in your mail.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES (DPR)
I do not think you want to get into what you do not know, hence the need to get some information about what the department of petroleum resources is.
The Department of Petroleum Resources is one out of the twelve subsidiaries of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
It is charged with the primary duty of ensuring that the NNPC and its subsidiaries and their partners, comply with the policies and laws regarding petroleum exploration, exportation and importation of petroleum products.
It was in 1988 that this duty of petroleum inspectorate was transferred to this technical arm of the NNPC, following the reorganization of NNPC in 1985.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES?
Yes, it is the duty of the DPR to maintain law and order among those operating in the Nigeria oil market. Here is the summary of their functions.
WHAT DISCIPLINES ARE TAKEN ?
Every field has professionals that play important roles. They recruit professionals or graduates relevant in their own field of operation. Find below the list of the disciplines taken;
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Environmental Sciences
Arts and Humanity
- Human Resource Management
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will the recruitment start?
The official starting date for the DPR has not been announced. It will be published on the DPR official website (www.dpr.gov.ng) when the recruitment begins. Nevertheless, we can entrust us with that task of letting you know when the recruitment begins.
What is DPR all about?
The Department of Petroleum Resources, DPR is a department in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum resources; it oversees the exploration, exportation and importation of petroleum products in Nigeria.
Who is the current director?
The current Director of the Department of Petroleum Resources is Sarki Auwalu. He was appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari in December, 2019.
Is DPR a subsidiary of NNPC?
Yes, the DPR is among the 12 subsidiaries of the NNPC. The DPR ensure that the compliance to instituted policies and laws by the partners of the NNPC and its subsidiaries.
It has been a smooth ride I must say; I believe you are still with me. Meanwhile, we have come to a point I am certain you have not only learnt everything you need to know about the DPR recruitment, but have also garnered much knowledge about the DPR, you possible workplace.
Do not hesitate to put your questions through if you have any. And more importantly, feel free to share this article to your friends. It may be what they may have been waiting for. It is great you have you hers; see you some other time.