Education is paramount and necessary for development. Unfortunately (I would say), it is becoming more expensive as the pages of new days come. Not many people can afford it now.
By understanding the need for education and education for all, the Ebonyi State Government created the State Scholarship Board.
Through the board, the State government would sponsor as any student as possible through their tertiary education, both locally and internationally basis.
In this post, I have taken time to carefully give you all you should know about the Ebonyi State Scholarship. So if you are from Ebonyi State, this is an opportunity you will not want to miss.
You will learn how to apply and all you need to apply. Why not read along carefully.
HOW TO APPLY FOR EBONYI STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Visit https://www.ebonyiunion.co.uk/ to download the application form.
- Fill the form and submit one copy to email@example.com and another copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Only successful candidates will be invited for further screening.
The worth of this scholarship is N50, 000. It is only awarded once.
This Union does not also have an agent. Do not yield to anyone who claims he is the agent of the Ebonyi Union UK; it is fraud!
Deadline for Application: For the 2019 scheme, the application for this scholarship ended on the 30th of May 2019.
However, the application for the scholarship in 2020 has not started at the time of making this post. We shall update you when the application starts; ensure you drop your email on our email list.
The eligibility for the application of the State’s scholarship programme depends on which of the categories of scholarship you are applying for. But generally, every applicant must:
- Be an indigene of Ebonyi State
- Have an O’ Level Certificate with at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics included) in not more than 2 sittings.
- Be enrolled in tertiary institutions (Only State and Federal institutions) at the time of applying.
- Meet the criteria for any of the categories you are applying to.
NOTE: Most of the beneficiaries of these scholarships are students who have been found outstanding, judging from their academic history.
So, if you are a smart and intelligent student, it is an upper hand for you to win this scholarship.
- Local Government Area and State Certificate of Origin
- JAMB and School Admission Letters (for undergraduate scholarship)
- Your result showing your current CGPA
- Transcript or Statements of Result (for Masters and Ph. D scholarships).
- Bank Statement showing your credit history for at least 6 months (for the indigent scholarship category).
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the their official page
- Scroll to the “Download Application” tab.
- Toggle the button to select the category of scholarship you wish to apply
- Download and print the application form
- Fill the form with the required information and attach the necessary documents.
- Submit the filled form alongside the documents stated above, at the Scholarship Board Office at 3 Amagu Street, GRA, P.M.B. 106, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR EBONYI STATE STUDENTS
UNION UK SCHOLARSHIP
The Union of Ebonyi State indigenes in UK and Ireland awards undergraduate from every Local Government in Ebonyi State a one-time scholarship. Annually, they call interested candidates to put in their application for the award.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Only 100 level student of any Nigerian University can apply
- It is only for those who can fill the scholarship application form completely
- Applicants who are ready to provide the needed supporting documents.
You will need to submit your application alongside the following documents:
- Your SSCE/O’ Level Certificate (showing at least 5 credits in the relevant subjects)
- JAMB/UTME Result
- University Admission Letter
- Your Local Government Area Certificate of Origin
- Statement of account showing you are indigent and need help
- A scanned passport photograph of you.
LATEST OIL COMPANY SCHOLARSHIPS
Apart from the Ebonyi State scholarship, students from the State still have other scholarship opportunities they can grab.
These scholarships include fully-funded scholarships local and international scholarships to partially sponsored scholarships.
The most promising of these scholarships are from the oil and gas companies and multinational companies in Nigeria.
In their bid to give back to society, and join hands to build a Nigerian society of well-trained professionals, these companies have opened these robust scholarship schemes.
You may want to check out the opportunities here:
- AGIP Scholarship
- Seplat Scholarship
- PTDF Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Scholarship
- NNPC/Total Scholarship
One of the best things that can help you take trusted and guided steps is the right information. So with this guide on all you need to know about the Ebonyi State Scholarship, I am certain you will rule your future.
If you have any questions regarding this post, do not hesitate to pen it down in the comment box; we’ll do well to give you reliable feedback.