Have you been wondering the scholarship provisions made by the Enugu State government for students from the State?
If your answer is yes, I am glad to say you have clicked the right place.
In this article, we have treated all you will need to know about the Enugu State scholarship. It covers the different categories of scheme offered by the State, the requirement for each category and how you can apply.
I have been through the university and I have a first-hand experience of what it means lack money, especially when you cannot afford your schools fees and accommodation fees. It will not only torture your emotions and thoughts, but it can also put on pressure to do something perhaps, illegal which you would not do on a normal day.
As such, it is pertinent you grab a scholarship opportunity like the one presented here, especially when you know you do not have the financial muscle to pull through the university without a financial hitch.
Without further ado;
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR ENUGU STATE SCHOLARSHIP 2020
- 2 ENUGU STATE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2.1 Application Requirements:
- 2.2 THE LIST OF COURSES SUPPORTED
- 2.3 THE DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO APPLY
- 2.4 HOW TO APPLY
- 2.5 GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2.6 DIFFERENT POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS LISTED BY ENUGU STATE GOVERNMENT
- 2.7 Application Requirements:
- 2.8 DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR APPLICATION
- 2.9 CONCLUSION
- 2.10 Share this:
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENUGU STATE SCHOLARSHIP 2020
If you are interested to apply for any of the above listed scholarships, kindly visit the Application page to learn more about each and then make for your application for your choice.
HOW TO OBTAIN APPLICATION VOUCHER
When you click the application link for each of these scholarships, you will be required to input an Application Voucher. But how can you obtain the application voucher?
To obtain the PIN, you will need to visit the scholarship board office at the address stated below:
#28 Okpara Avenue, old CCB Building, Enugu.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Enugu State Scholarship board under the Enugu State government offers scholarship to qualified candidates for both undergraduate and post graduate programmes. Candidates who won the undergraduate scholarship are sponsored to study at the America University, Madaba, Jordan.
The post graduate scholarship on the other hand, is done in different universities across the world. Both the undergraduate and post graduate scholarship of the Enugu State government is full scholarship. This means the State government will take care of your tuition fee, accommodation fee and other allowances.
ENUGU STATE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The Enugu State Scholarship board invites application from eligible citizens of the state to put in application for the undergraduate scholarship positions, which will be taken at the America University, Madaba, Jordan.
- Candidates must be an indigene of Enugu State
- Interested candidates are also required to have at least credit pass in English Language, Mathematics and four credits in subjects related to the preferred course of study in their SSCE.
THE LIST OF COURSES SUPPORTED
THE DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO APPLY
You will need to upload the following documents in your course of application. So having the prior knowledge will make you get them ready:
- Your WAEC/NECO or equivalent result
- Certificate of Local Government Area Origin
- Recommendation letter from your village head
HOW TO APPLY
When is the Closing Date of Application?
The application for the 2020 Enugu State undergraduate scholarship closed on the 13th of March, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the aptitude test which was supposed to hold on the 26th of March, 2020. Most certainly, it was postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Enugu State government also invites qualified candidates with Enugu State origin to place application for the fully-funded international post graduate scholarship offered by the state government.
Therefore applicants seeking to do their Masters and PhD programmes are called to apply. Application however is not restricted to a given course of study; you can apply as far as your course of choice is within the provisions of the scholarship scheme.
The scholarship is pretty competitive. Therefore, students with first class or second class upper division have better chances of winning the scholarship.
DIFFERENT POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS LISTED BY ENUGU STATE GOVERNMENT
Stated below is a summary of the different categories of scholarship listed;
- Australian Government Training Programme
- Schwarzman Scholars
- WorldQuant University
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Development Trust African Scholarship
- Adelaide Scholarships International
- National Research University Higher School of Economics
- University of Southern Queensland
- Dementia Research PhD
- Welcome Postgraduate Fellowship
- Fulbright Visiting Scholars Program
- IOE-ISH Centenary Doctoral Scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarship
- Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for international students
- Scholarships in 2D Materials for Low Energy Electronics
- Masters by Research Scholarship in Photocatalysis
- GuateFuturo-RMIT University Joint Scholarship
- Applicants must not be more than 35 years for Masters Degree and 40 for PhD.
- Applicants must be Enugu State indigenes.
- Most certainly, this position is only for graduates who have first class and second class upper division or their equivalent.
DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED FOR APPLICATION
You will need the following documents to apply for the Enugu State post graduate scholarship:
- Your first degree certificate/result
- Admission letter from the post graduate institution
- Certificate of Local Government Area Origin
- Recommendation letter from your village head.
Now you know you that as an Enugu State student, you have a good list of scholarship opportunities. The Enugu State scholarship and other scholarships schemes can give you the financial boost you need.
Leave your questions and suggestions in the comment box. And do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter for scholarship and job updates.
Was this article helpful? Why not share it if it really was.