Securing a job with the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria, FAAN is an opportunity I doubt you want to miss.
But have you questioned yourself why you are interested in this recruitment?
It is because you are unemployed or perhaps, looking for a job position better than the one you currently occupy.
Whatever you reasons are, you must always understand one thing: this job and many other Federal government jobs require individuals who are ready to uphold the dignity of the country, by applying the best practices in the job.
You must have the qualities of a responsible Nigerian citizen.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FAAN RECRUITMENT
- Candidates interested for FAAN job should log on to the Authority’s official recruitment website at www.faan.gov.ng
- Tap the menu bar to reveal its content.
- Click the “About Us” and then “Career”
- See the vacancies and proceed to click the “Apply” button.
As stated above, the duty of Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria can be summarized into airport operations and services. But their duty can be elaborated further into the following:
- They develop, provide and maintain airport and the facilities therein.
- They also carryout relevant economic activities that will be relevant to the airport.
- Provide transportation services within the airport
- They make provisions for the accommodation for the effective handling of passengers and freights.
- Security Cadet (SC) on Grade Level 06
- Assistant Aerodrome Fire Superintendent (AAFS) on Grade Level 06
- Aerodrome Fire Superintendent (AFS) on Grade Level 07
- Assistant Security Superintendent (ASS) on Grade Level 07
- Security Officer II (SO II) on Grade Level 08
- Aerodrome Fire Officer II (AFO II) on Grade Level 08
- Data Management Officer (DMO II) On Grade Level 08
- Principal Data Management Officer (PDMO) on Grade Level 12
- Assistant General Manager, Data Management Unit (AGM-DMU) on Grade Level 15
Both airlines and airports need a good number of professionals who will deliver quality services in their course.
Thus individual with different qualifications are recruited for varying positions.
- Applicants must be Nigeria citizens according to the provisions of the Nigerian constitution.
- It is required of applicants not to be less than 25 years old, but not more than 35 years old.
- Applicants should also be medically sound, properly certified by a government recognized hospital.
- Applying candidates must not have any of the following physical features: sight problem, flat foot, difficulty in hearing and fracture.
- Candidates who must apply for the job must have good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Applicants must have sound command of SPSS and other computer software like Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
- O’ Level certificate (WASC, SSCE, GCE or NECO)
- OND obtained from a recognized polytechnic, or
- B.Sc or HND obtained from accredited university and polytechnic respectively.
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
In order to make a complete application for the FAAN job, you are supposed to have thes documents ready before time:
- A curriculum vitae
- You academic certificates, starting from your primary school till tertiary level.
- Your Local Government of Origin certificate
- A certificate of State of Origin
- An ID card issued by the government, preferably your national identity card.
- Your recent passport photograph.
With regards to the FAAN recruitment update, I must state that the exercise for 2020 has not started. We are optimistic that the body will recruit new officers this year.
Again, we will keep making the latest updates about hot job offers. You are advised to always check back here, or you can subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated.
The salary structure is just like that of other government parastatals. They are paid based on their Grade Level.
According to mysalaryscale.com, the average salary of staff is 143K and the at entry level (B.Sc or HND holders), which is Grade Level 08 worker is paid about 95K per month.
WHAT IS FAAN?
FAAN means Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria. This body is charged with the duty of managing all commercial airports in Nigeria. They also provide various services to both passenger and cargo airlines.
In a nutshell, the agency create a ground for the development of air transport in the most efficient and economic manner.
It was founded in 1935 by the Nigerian colonial masters. The Head office is located at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos State.
Having come up till this point in this article, I am confident you have been able to grab some information about the FAAN recruitment. Do not fail to ask your questions if you have any. We will also appreciate if you share this article to your friends. Good luck!