If you have been wondering what the cut-off mark of Federal Polytechnic Idah is, this post is for you. Here, we have discussed all you want to know about the subject.
Actually, the cut-off mark of your dream institution is what will determine whether you will be admitted or not.
However, you will only provide other admission requirements when you have scored the right mark necessary to earn you admission.
- 1 Federal Polytechnic Idah JAMB cut-off mark
- 1.1 Departmental cut-off mark
- 1.2 About the school
- 1.3 Faculties and Departments
- 1.4 FAQs
- 1.5 Related Topics;
- 1.6 Share this:
Federal Polytechnic Idah JAMB cut-off mark
Candidates seeking admission into Federal Polytechnic Idah must score a minimum of 140 in UTME, to be considered for admission.
So, applicants who do make up to this mark can either buy JAMB change of course/institution form, and switch to a college of education, or wait for another year.
Departmental cut-off mark
Aside from making up to 140 in JAMB, you must also have the aggregate for your course, as defined in this table:
|1||Business Studies and Management Studies||150 and above|
|2||Marketing||150 and above|
|3||Office Technology Management||140 and above|
|4||Public Administration||150 and above|
|5||Electrical/Electronics Engineering||180 and above|
|6||Mechanical Engineering Technology||180 and above|
|7||Civil Engineering Technology||180 and above|
|8||Metallurgical and Material Engineering Technology||170 and above|
|9||Foundry Engineering Technology||170 and above|
|10||Architectural Technology||180 and above|
|11||Urban and Regional Planning||150 and above|
|12||Surveying and Geo-informatics||150 and above|
|13||Building Technology||150 and above|
|14||Estate Management and Valuation||150 and above|
|15||Quantity Surveying||150 and above|
|16||Computer Science||180 and above|
|17||Science Laboratory Technology||180 and above|
|18||Library and Information Science||150 and above|
|19||Hospitality Management and Technology||140 and above|
|20||Food Science and Technology||160 and above|
|21||Leisure and Tourism Management||140 and above|
|22||Mathematics and Statistics||150 and above|
About the school
The Federal Polytechnic Idah was established in 1977 by Nigeria’s Federal Military government. It was formerly known as Idah College of Technology.
When academic activities started, they had 220 students, 11 academic staff, and 19 administrative staff. Today, both the students and staff of the polytechnic run into thousands.
Being approved by the National Board for Technical Education, the institution awards National Diploma and Higher National Diploma certificates on the undergraduate level.
Faculties and Departments
In Federal Polytechnic Idah, there just 4 faculties with 22 departments spread across them.
School of Business Studies
- Business Studies and Management Studies
- Office Technology Management
- Public Administration
School of Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering Technology
- Foundry Engineering Technology
School of Environmental Studies
- Architectural Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Surveying and Geo-informatics
- Building Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Quantity Surveying
School of Technology
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Library and Information Science
- Hospitality Management and Technology
- Food Science and Technology
- Leisure and Tourism Management
- Mathematics and Statistics
Does FPI accept second choice?
Yes, the institution accepts candidates who chose it as their first or second choice in JAMB. They do not accept third choice, however.
What is the school fees of Federal Poly Idah?
ND 1 students pay N31,150 while ND 2 students pay N30,600.
How can I apply for post UTME
Everything being equal, Idah Poly usually begin the sales of their post UTME form between July and September.
- Enter https://www.postutme1.fepoda.edu.ng/
- Input your JAMB reg. number and name to generate the application fee invoice.
- Proceed to any bank and pay the fee of N2000. You can also pay with your debit card if it activated for such service
- Return to the same page after payment to complete your registration.
Meanwhile, if you still more questions, ensure you drop them in the comment section below. Do well to share this post if it was of help to you.