Have you been in search of how you can go about the Fire Service Recruitment 2019/2020? Very well, this post shall be the perfect guide you will need to through the recruitment smoothly. It covers all the requirements, the various qualifications, how you can apply and other relevant questions you want to know their answers concerning the Fire Service recruitment.
NOTE: You must understand that we are only giving you a piece of information that we hope is useful to you. We trust and we would want you to trust as well that what we are giving you is the right information. However, we are not affiliated to the Nigeria Fire Service and we cannot charge you any fee for any information or job.
IS THE FIRE SERVICE RECRUITMENT FORM OUT?
According to Nigeria News Agency (NAN), the Federal government has made the recruitment approval between the 9th and 10th of May 2019. From the information gathered, the Federal Fire Department will employ up to 2,200 officers, while the Nigerian Penitentiary Service will employ over 7,475 officers.
Although the approval has been made by the federal government, the recruitment has not begun. Nonetheless, by this we post implore you to stick around as the application will begin as soon as possible.
Equip your application tools by getting to know all you are required to know before the application kicks off. It will be an added advantage to you when you are well prepared and waiting.
THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
If you are a Nigerian who is patriotic and poised with the vision to save the country by serving and defending her through the civil service, then you must consider this job a good option to take chance of.
But to proceed with your dreams, you must possess the following qualifications and requirements.
FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE AVAILABLE POSITIONS
The positions available for the Nigeria Fire Service is categorized into A, B and C. This is dependent on the qualifications of applicants.
- Assistant Superintendent of Fire I (ASF 1) [CONPASS 09]: Applicants must possess a Masters Degree or hold the membership of a recognized professional body.
- Assistant Superintendent of Fire II (ASF II) [CONPASS 08]: Applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Senior Inspector of Fire (SIF) [CONPASS 08]: Applicants must possess Higher National Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized Polytechnic
- Inspector of Fire (IF) Nursing [CONHESS 06]: Applicants must be registered Nurses, registered midwives or registered Nurse/Midwives from a recognized institution.
- Assistant Inspector of Fire (AIF), General Duty [CONPASS 06]: Applicants must possess National Diploma, ND, NCE or Advanced NABTEB obtained from a recognized institution.
- Fire Assistant II (FA II), COMPASS 04: Applicants must hold GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five credits in not more than two sittings, which must include Mathematics and English Language.
- Fire Assistant III (FA III) COMPASS 03: Applicants must hold GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of three credits in not more than two sittings, which must include Mathematics and English Language.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE JOBS
Basically, the application for fire service jobs is done online.
THE DEADLINE FOR THE APLICATION OF FIRE SERVICE JOB
You are expected to submit your application within six weeks from the start of the application.
SALARY OF FEDERAL FIRE SERVICE OFFICERS
- Chief Inspector (CI): N1,405,449
- Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI): N1,325,234
- Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI): N1,253,038
- Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI): N1,143,539
- Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI): N1,058,416
- Marshal Inspector I (MI-I): N777,876
- Marshal Inspector II (MI-II): N548,387
- Marshal Inspector III (MI-III): N393,442
- Chief Marshal Assistant (CFMA): N966,761
Frequently Asked Questions About Federal Fire Service Recruitment.
When will the Fire Service recruitment Start?
The Federal Fire service recruitment 2019 was not conducted. We shall keep you update with the latest information about the starting date for the recruitment application; subscribe to our newsletter so that you will not miss out.
What are the functions of the fire service?
The primary duty of Fire Fighters is to respond to fire outbreak emergencies. They also respond to emergencies relating to chemical spill, flooding, water rescue, and car crashes and so on.
In what year was Nigeria Fire Service established?
The Federal Fire Service was established in 1901, during the British colonial era, charge with combating fire outbreaks in Government Reserved Areas of Lagos colony.
Who is Comptroller General of the Federal Fire Service?
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Fire Service is Lima Alhaji Ibrahim.
What skills do Fire Fighters need?
Fire fighters need the following skills:
- The ability to follow instructions.
- Patience, understanding and sensitivity are key qualities.
- Confidence and resilience.
- They must possess integrity, composure and reassuring manner.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to situations.
- Love of lives and for the society.
- Quick yet sound judgment.
- Courage and decisiveness and agility.
Is the Federal Fire Service a paramilitary organization?
Yes, the Federal Fire Service is a paramilitary organization which is under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Interior, with the Comptroller-General as the Head.