Sometimes when we hear the word “Tax” we think it is a means of extortion instituted by the government. But come to think of it, paying tax is actually our civic responsibility.
It is by this means, including other methods that the government generates the income with which it carries out the duties assigned to it.
However in Nigeria, the agency charged with the duty of tax collection and internal revenue mobilization is the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS).
They make sure all the citizens and companies who are eligible to pay tax pay them and at when due. They also give account of all they have collected to the government.
The Federal Inland Revenue Services, needs capable human resources in order to deliver on these daunting duties of theirs.
It is on this premise that they open their recruitment portal for eligible and interested candidates to apply for several positions, relative to qualifications.
In this well articulated post, you will learn all you need to know about the FIRS recruitment: the job requirements, how you can apply, about the screening and other necessary information about the exercise
- 1 REQUIREMENTS
- 2 HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THE FIRS JOB/RECRUITMENT?
FIRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Before you get yourself into whatever job, you should understand what the job entails. With that, you will be able to know if the job will suite you capabilities or meet your expectations.
So here is the summary of what your duties will be as FIRS worker:
- To ensure that tax laws, tax regulations and information circulars are uniformly applied to all tax payers.
- Supervise officers whose responsibility is to assess small companies and individual businesses, partnerships, estates and Trust.
- Raise additional assessment as you examine tax returns.
- Conduct inquiries into the affairs of small companies.
- Follow up cases resulting in disputes through the appeal procedures.
- We can now go ahead to the job application requirements having understood what your responsibilities are as a FIRS worker.
The first thing that comes to your mind when you hear that FIRS is recruiting is “Who is eligible and what are the requirements for the application?
If you have all these requirements, then you are good to go, but another question strikes:
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR THE FIRS JOB/RECRUITMENT?
Interesting enough, I have also got you covered here. The application process for the FIRS job is very simple. You can apply from the comfort o your home because it is done online.
- First, enter the FIRS website via www.firs.gov.ng and click on the “Career” tab
- Read the information regarding every position available and proceed to “Apply”
- Create your online application account with your active email address and desired password.
- Verify your email through the link you will receive in your mail and proceed with the application.
- Fill all the job application form with valid information about you having chosen the position which matches the qualifications you have.
- Double check the information you have provided and if they are correct as they appear on your certificates then proceed to submit.
It will take some days or weeks to get a reply from FIRS recruitment body regarding your screening/interview. So you are advised to always check your mail regularly for updates on the shortlist.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will recruitment start?
The FIRS recruitment has closed for 2019; they are not currently recruiting. But you can let the responsibility of letting you know when the recruitment starts lie on us. Subscribe to this website and we will keep you posted.
How do I get my TIN number?
TIN, means Taxpayer Identification Number, can be obtained from any FIRS office closest to you with the following documents:
- A utility bill which could be electricity bill or water supply bill
- Your Company’s seal
- The Memorandum and Article of Association
- An application letter bearing the company’s letterhead
- A well completed TIN application form
TIN application is however FREE!
How can I obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate TCC?
You can obtain your Tax Clearance Certificate via the FIRS website when you have cleared your tax: https://tcc.firs.gov.ng/. You can also obtain your TCC from the FIRS office where you file your returns (where you pay your tax).
What are the uses of Tax Clearance Certificate?
The TCC serves as evidence that you are a taxpayer. Tax Clearance Certificate is also important because with it, you will be able to secure government contracts, grants and you will also be granted operation license.
Who is the FIRS chairman?
The current chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service is the Mr. Muhammad M. Nami, a well trained a tax accounting and management professional.
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS ?
FIRS Recruitment is one of the hottest jobs in Nigeria. It is important you do your best to follow the article to the latter as it will increase your chances of getting the job. For more related content check out the box below.