The safety of life is a priority. That is why there must always be officers who will ensure that road users keep to the rules, so that lives and properties will be safe.
In this post, you will learn all about Federal Road Safety Corp recruitment: the requirements are, the available positions, how to apply, their salaries and other necessary questions you need to know.
Without further ado;
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORP JOB
- 2 REQUIREMENTS
- 3 STARTING DATE AND CLOSING DATE FOR FRSC RECRUITMENT
HOW TO APPLY FOR FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORP JOB
When the recruitment process of the Federal Road Safety Corp starts, it is usually done online. To apply, follow these steps:
- Login into the at https://recruitment.www.frsc.gov.ng/
- Fill the application form and submit it.
You are advised to print out the Referee forms which must be signed by your referee and submitted during screening.
Having the personality described above may not be enough to guarantee you the road safety job. You must also meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Nigerian by birth.
- You must be up to 18 years old and not more than 30 years (medical Doctors may be considered up to the age of 35).
- You must be single
- Your height should not be less than 1.68 metres for males and 1.63 metres for females.
- You should have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres (Men only).
- You must be physically and mentally fit as to stand paramilitary activities.
- You must present a certificate of medical fitness from a government recognised hospital.
- You should not be financially embarrassed and must be of good character.
- You must have not been convicted of any crime.
THE ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
Together with the above requirements, you must also have at least the minimum of the below academic requirements:
- West African School Certificate (WASC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects of which English Language must be included and pass in other two subjects in not more two sittings.
- In place of the above, you may also have National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four subjects obtained in one sitting or passes in five subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.
- National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) obtained from a recognized polytechnic.
- Bachelors degree, preferably first class and second class honours obtained from a recognised university.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized College of Education.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU APPLY:
- Being computer literate and having a driver’s license would give you an edge during selection.
- You must present any certificate showing your qualifications during the recruitment processes, else it will not be considered after the the recruitment processes are done or be subsequently presented for career progression in the Corp.
- You will be out-rightly disqualified if it is found out that you have falsified document(s). You will also face the subsequent prosecution.
- Making double application will earn you disqualification.
- Applicants shortlisted will be required to take a computer-based test which will be conducted by Jamb.
- Applicants shortlisted will be required to undergo drug test with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to make sure they are not drug addicts.
- Candidates shortlisted are expected to appear at the assigned examination center with a print out of their forms as well as the acknowledgement letter.
STARTING DATE AND CLOSING DATE FOR FRSC RECRUITMENT
The application starts in May and and ends after 6 weeks. The final selection and shortlisted lists come out in September.
POSSIBLE FRSC POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Federal Road Safety Corp is a paramilitary body and they have these positions available for recruitment. When making your application, make sure the position you apply for matches the qualifications you have.
There are four categories: 1, 2, 3 and 4. Each has its minimum application requirements.
FIRST CATEGORY – RMA Cadre:
Road Marshal Assistant II.
To apply, you must be a holder of SSCE (WAEC/NECO) or NABTEB, with three credits and two of the subjects must be English Language and Mathematics.
Road Marshal Assistant III.
To apply, you must be a holder of three (3) credits in SSCE (WAEC/NECO) or NABTEB, of which one of the subjects must be English Language.
Artisans and Tradesmen
It is under this category that artisans and tradesmen apply. If you are applying for the post of Computer Operator, Driver, Mechanic, Motorcycle Rider, Electrician, Instrumentalist, Tailor, Plumber and so on, you fall under this group. You must have these qualifications however:
At least 4 passes in SSCE (WAEC/NECO) or NABTEB.
Professional Certificates proving your claim.
Drivers licence of the peculiar class for Driver and Rider applicants.
SECOND CATEGORY– MI Cadre:
Marshal Inspector I.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
Higher National Diploma (HND) in needed disciplines.
Your NYSC Discharge Certificate.
The Statement of Result not older than 5 years.
Marshal Inspector II.
Applicants should possess the following:
Nigerian Certificate of Education (NCE) in needed disciplines.
Certification of a Registered Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM).
Statement of Result not older than 5 years.
Marshal Inspector III.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
National Diploma (ND) in needed disciplines or National Diploma in Community Health Extension Work.
Statement of Result not older than 5 years.
THIRD CATEGORY– Officer Cadre:
Applicants should these qualifications:
A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in any of these disciplines: Law, Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Physical and Health Education, Laboratory Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Insurance/Actuarial Science, Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, Accounting, Management Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mass Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities.
An NYSC Discharge Certificate.
FOURTH CATEGORY – Officer(MBBS) Cadre:
Any applicant for this category must be a medical doctor from a government recognised university.
An NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Senior Marshal Inspector (SMI) N1,058,416
- Marshal Inspector I (MI-I) N777,876
- Marshal Inspector II (MI-II) N548,387
- Marshal Inspector III (MI-III) N393,442
- Chief Road Marshal Assistant (CRMA) N966,761
- Deputy Road Marshal Assistant (DRMA) N539,048
- Senior Road Marshal Assistant (SRMA) N387,428
- Road Marshal Assistant I (RMA I) an349,589
- Road Marshal Assistant II (RMA II) N319,741
- Road Marshal Assistant III (RMA III) N305,500
- Chief Inspector (CI) N140, 5449
- Deputy Chief Inspector (DCI) N132, 5234
- Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI) N125, 2038
- Principal Marshal Inspector (PMI) N114, 3539
NOTE: While the above listed salaries of Road Safety officers may be close to what it is in reality, they remain unconfirmed and probably an estimate.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORP
It is understandable that there is a high rate of unemployment in Nigeria. But be that as it may, you should understand that you should not jump into any work without prior knowledge about what it is all about.
Not everyone can work effectively as a Road Safety officer. How then can you know if you really should work as a road safety officer?
- You must have immense love for lives than money.
- You should have human sympathy to understand people always.
- Patriotic to the nation (Nigeria)
- A road safety worker must be diligent and disciplined.
If you lack the above qualities in you, I really doubt you will be a good Road Safety worker. If you have these qualities and even more, then you are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is portal for 2019/2019 recruitment form?
While the application for 2019/2020 FRSC recruitment has not started, the official portal is https://recruitment.frsc.gov.ng/
Who is the FRSC boss?
The current FRSC boss is Corps Marshal Boboye O. Oyeyemi. MFR, mni
When will the recruitment start?
The exercise for 2019 is over. We can keep you updated with when next the recruitment opens again.
To that end, you are advised to subscribe to our newsletter so that you will not miss any bit of the information.