A major step towards gaining admission into the university is doing proper research about your dream university. Do you know why I said so?
Now, with a proper knowledge about the school and their requirements, you will be able to know the best practices you need to play and the targets you should set. By this, you will have an upper hand in the race for admission.
Knowing the JAMB and departmental cut-off mark of your dream university is part of this. However in this post, we have carefully discussed all you should know about the JAMB cut-off mark of FULOKOJA.
We have also given details on the cut-off marks for different departments in the school and gave answers to some of those questions you always wanted their answers.
So I urge you to read carefully and with keen interest, so that you’ll not miss any bit of it.
WHAT IS THE JAMB CUT-OFF MARK OF FULOKOJA?
The JAMB cut-off mark of the Federal University, Lokoja is 180. What this means is that the benchmark of score on which applicants will be admitted into FULOKOJA is 180.
Meanwhile, this is not always the case as different departments in the school have varying cut-off marks. This score is determined by the number of applicants the department has and maybe, the perceived market value of the course.
If you chose FULOKOJA during your JAMB registration, you must strive to score higher than from 180 and above; the higher your JAMB score is, the better chance you have to gain admission.
FULOKOJA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARK
|Department||Cut-off Mark (%)|
|English and Literary Studies||46|
|History and International Studies||36|
The Federal University, Lokoja is one out of the eight federal universities established in 2011 by the Goodluck Jonathan led administration. It is located in Lokoja, the capital city of Kogi State.
Professor Abdulmumini Hassan Rafindadi served as the pioneer Vice Chancellor of FULOKOJA from 2011 to 2016. Currently, the Vice Chancellor of the University is Professor Angela Freeman Miri.
For now, FULOKOJA runs undergraduate programmes under two faculties.
FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA
As a new university, FULOKOJA has two faculties currently. Below are these faculties and the departments under each:
Arts and Social Science
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Political Science
- Biological Science
- Computer Science
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is FULOKOJA aggregate calculated?
To calculate your FULOKOJA aggregate,
- Divide your JAMB score by 8
- Divide your Post UTME by 5
- Now, add the two products of the two divisions above. The value you have afterwards is your FULOKOJA aggregate.
What are the admission requirements of FULOKOJA?
- Candidates must do proper JAMB subject combination for their chosen course of study
- Applicants must meet the departmental cut-off make of their chosen course.
- You must also have at least 5 credits in your O’ Level (which must English and Mathematics) obtained in not not more than 2 sittings.
- You must also have at least 5 credits in your O’ Level (which must have English and Mathematics and three other subjects relevant to your field) obtained in not not more than 2 sittings.
How can I gain admission into FULOKOJA?
The truth is that there is no trick to how you can gain admission into any Nigerian university including FULOKOJA. Nevertheless, we can advise you to take the following steps:
- Apply JAMB and choose the university as either your first choice or second choice of institution. But do not hesitate to choose the university as your first choice of institution if you can.
- Prepare for JAMB and ensure you pass the exam with a good score. Perhaps, you can prepare with this guide on how to pass JAMB.
- Purchase the University’s Post UTME form and also make sure you pass with high score, enough to beat the cut-off mark.
What are the FULOKOJA Direct Entry (DE) requirements?
- Candidates must 2 A’ Level Passes in relevant subjects in their chosen course of study, or
- A minimum of Upper Credit in fields related to their chosen course.
If you have followed from the beginning of this post up till this point, I must agree that you have gotten enough, if not all you will need to know about the FULOKOJA JAMB cut-off mark as well as their departmental cut-off marks.
If in any way we did not capture your questions, do not hesitate to drop it in the comment box; we are willing to help you as much as we can.
Before you leave, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter in order to remain up-to-date with different undergraduate scholarships, which we believe will be good for you. Good luck in your endeavors!