A major step towards securing admission in any university in Nigeria and even abroad is a proper research about your dream university. Knowing the JAMB cut-off mark and those for the different departments in university is part of this research you should do.
Therefore, in this post we have clearly and carefully given you all you should know about the JAMB cut-off mark of Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE). Also stated here are the departmental cut-off marks of the University.
We understand you need good answers to your questions; that is why we have so taken a little time to give answers to some of those questions that might be bothering you.
So I urge you to carefully go through this post in order not to miss important details. Shall we?
- 1 WHAT IS THE JAMB CUT-OFF MARK OF FUOYE?
- 2 FUOYE DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARK
- 2.1 ABOUT FUOYE
- 2.2 FACULTIES AND COURSES IN FUOYE
- 2.3 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2.4 CONCLUSION
- 2.5 Share this:
WHAT IS THE JAMB CUT-OFF MARK OF FUOYE?
The JAMB cut-off mark of Federal University, Oye Ekiti is 160. This means candidates seeking admission into the school must score at least 160.
Having reached this benchmark, a candidate can purchase the University’s Post UTME form when it is out to stand a chance for admission.
But if on the other hand a candidate did not make up to this mark, you are advised to apply for the JAMB change of course/institution, where you can make necessary changes in your choice of institution.
FUOYE DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARK
|Agricultural Economics and Extension||170|
|Fisheries and Aquaculture||170|
|Food Science and Technology||200|
|Forestry and Wildlife Management||170|
|Water Resources and Agro-Meteorology||170|
|English and Literary Studies||200|
|History and International Studies||200|
|Linguistics and Languages||180|
|Library and Information Science||180|
|Agricultural & Bio-resources Engineering||200|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||200|
|Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering||200|
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||200|
|Banking and Finance||200|
|Animal and Environmental Biology||170|
|Plant Science & Biotechnology||170|
|Criminology and security studies||180|
|Demography and Social Statistics||160|
|Economics and Development Studies||180|
|Peace and Conflict Studies||160|
The Federal University, Oye Ekiti is one of the Federal universities established in 2011 by the Goodluck Jonathan led administration. The University has two campuses: One is located in the ancient city of Oye-Ekiti and the other, in Ikole-Ekiti.
Currently, FUOYE has about 18,500 undergraduate students dispersed in 49 departments. Even though it is yet a relatively young university, FUOYE also does postgraduate studies through their Postgraduate School.
FACULTIES AND COURSES IN FUOYE
There are seven faculties in Federal University, Oye Ekiti. Listed below are these faculties and every department under each:
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Animal Science
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Food Science and Technology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Soil Science
- Water Resources and Agro-Meteorology
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Linguistics and Languages
- Theatre Arts
- Agricultural Education
- Biology Education
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Educational Management
- English Education
- Library and Information Science
- Mathematics Education
- Agricultural & Bio-resources Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Animal and Environmental Biology
- Computer Science
- Industrial Chemistry
- Plant Science & Biotechnology
- Criminology and security studies
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Economics and Development Studies
- Mass communication
- Peace and conflict studies
- Political Science
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How is FUOYE cut-off mark calculated?
To calculate your FUOYE cut-off mark, divide your JAMB score by 400. Now, multiply your answer by 60 and add your total O’ level to get your final result.
N/B: The O’Level Points are:
A1 = 6 points
B2 = 5 points
B3 = 4 points
C4 = 3 points
C5 = 2 points
C6 = 1 point
What is FUOYE admission requirements?
- Candidates who applied to Federal University Oye Ekiti and obtained JAMB cut-off score of 160 and above are the ones that will be considered for admission.
- Every applicant must have a minimum of five O’ Level credits (including English Language and Mathematics) obtained at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their chosen course of study.
- Direct Entry candidates must possess at least two (2) A’ Level passes or its equivalent in relevant subjects. They can also possess ND (Upper Credit), NCE (Credit Pass), HND (minimum of Lower Credit), or possess a good first degree in another field, as the case may be.
Does FUOYE do Post UTME exam?
Yes, FUOYE organizes the Post UTME screening test for candidates interested for admission into the school.
The sales of the FUOYE post UTME form is usually sold between the months of July and August annually.
How can I gain admission into FUOYE?
Aside meeting the admission requirements of FUOYE, there is no trick to gaining admission into the institution.
Nonetheless, you must ensure you do the following:
- During JAMB registration, choose FUOYE as your first choice of institution.
- Prepare for JAMB and ensure you score high. Maybe you can go through this guide on how to score high in JAMB.
- Sit for the School’s post UTME and ensure you do well too.
- Meet the requirements as stated above.
- Pray and be optimistic.
At this point, I am pretty sure you have gotten all you would want to know about the JAMB cut-off mark of Federal University, Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE).
If in any way we didn’t capture the questions you might have, do well to drop it/them in the comment box. We will also appreciate your feedback on this post; was it helpful?
Before you hit the return button, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter, so that we will keep you updated on related issues, scholarships and jobs.
I am pretty sure you will love to study under scholarship and after your studies, you will want to get a good job?