The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) is a science and technology institution located in the capital city of Ondo State, Akure.
It is one of the technology-based institutions that the government founded to produce students that are great in theoretical knowledge and practicals on technology.
In this article, we have discussed FUTA school fees for both undergraduate and postgraduate.
We also covered the University’s admission processes.
The students of federal universities pay cheaper school fees than state and private universities in Nigeria.
And in most cases, postgraduate school fees are higher than undergraduate due to the complexity and high efficacy of the certificate acquired.
|Item||100 Level||300 Level||400 Level||200 and 500 Levels|
|Deeds of Undertaking||N500||-||-||-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||N2000||-||-||-|
|Student Handbook (Revised Edition)||N500||-||-||-|
|Industrial Training (400 Level only)||-||-||N1700||-|
|Student's Welfare Insurance Scheme||N400||N400||N400||N400|
|Student Union Dues||N600||N400||N400||N400|
|Entrepreneurship (300 Level only)||-||N4500||-||-|
|Development Levy (Fresh Students only)||N25,000||-||-||-|
|Facility Ethics and Conduct Manual||N500||-||-||-|
Acceptance fee: N40,000
1st Session School fees for freshers (New Students): N110,000 – N150,000
2nd & 3rd Session School fees: N50,000 – N90,000
Total fees for freshers including hostel accommodation: N200,000 – N300,000
Other Compulsory Fees
Post- Graduate (PG) admission Form: N20,000
Thesis fee: N70,000
Matriculation Gown: N2,500
Convocation gown: N20,000
Total of the fee and charges in the first year: N350,000
|Item||Old Hostel||New Hostel||Bisi Balogun Postgraduate Hall (PG only)|
|Student Hostel Maintenance||N8000||N18,000||N75,000|
FUTA Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admission Guidelines
- Every candidate must possess an O’ Level results with at least five (5) credits including English, Mathematics and three (3) other related subjects to your course of study.
- UTME candidates should make the University as their first choice of preferred institution during JAMB application.
- Candidates must also apply for their post UTME exam with which they access your eligibility for admission.
- Your JAMB score must be from 180 and above which can qualify you to apply for post UTME.
- Direct Entry candidates must possess in addition to the O’ Level requirements above, have two A’ Level/ IJMB passes in relevant subjects related to your course of study and original OND result with credit or merit pass.
- Every postgraduate candidate must possess at least five credits in their O’ Level result which include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects relevant to their field of study.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) must have a first degree in the relevant discipline or Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the related discipline.
- Applicants with professional qualification such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, will be accepted into the PGD in Computer Science only.
- Candidates applying for the following Master’s degree; (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.) must have a Bachelors degree of at least Second Class honour (Lower Division) from the school or a Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities in the appropriate discipline.
- Master’s Degree applicants might also have Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level plus Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
- The candidates applying for Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in advertised discipline, must have M. Tech in the relevant field.
- Applicants of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) must have a CGPA of 3.50 or 60% minimum average score.
How to Apply
To apply for FUTA PG programme, kindly visit the school.