What most students would want to find out before or after they apply for admission is how much they will be paying as students of a particular school.
Therefore, in this post, you will learn about FUTMinna school fees and admission guidelines.
FUTMinna School Fees
Freshers (Nigerians): N61, 200
Freshers (Foreign Students): N61,200 +$750
Acceptance Fee: N20, 000
Nigerian students: N28, 200
Foreign students: N28, 200 + $750
From what we found out, the school fees paid by postgraduate students of FUTMinna range from N90, 000 to N150, 000 per year depending on the programme.
Be that as it may, we urge you to verify from the University.
You can become an undergraduate student of FUTMinna either through the UTME method or the Direct Entry means.
For either case, you must have all the requirements to be admitted.
- Apply for JAMB and select FUTMinna as their first choice of institution.
- Interested applicants must purchase the University’s post UTME form and seat for the exercise.
- Applicants less than 16 years old will not be admitted.
- Candidates must have at least five (5) credit passes in O’Level in relevant subjects in not more than one sitting. English and Mathematics must be included.
- Applicants must also ensure they do the proper JAMB subject combination for their target course.
FUTMinna also admits students into 200 level through the direct entry programme. However, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must buy the JAMB direct entry form before they can qualify to buy the University’s DE form.
- Applicants must also have at least five (5) credits in O’Level in relevant subjects with English and Mathematics included in not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates who will be admitted are students with either OND, NCE, IJMB, HND and other qualifications approved by the School’s Senate.
Generally, candidates applying for Postgraduate Studies in FUTMinna must have obtained five (5) Credits in O’ Level, or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
However, no admission shall be made based on any awaiting O’ Level result and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- Candidates with Third Class Honours Degree in relevant fields may be considered. Nonetheless, this does not apply to the Engineering Schools.
- Applicants with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit in relevant fields with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one-year graduation experience can be admitted.
Master Degree Programmes
- Candidates with a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from FUTMinna or any other recognised University will be admitted.
- Applicants with Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years of graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered.
- In some areas, you will be required to pass a qualifying examination. The test will be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School. (This does not apply to the Engineering schools).
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one-year graduation experience are eligible.
Note the following:
- Candidates with PASS grade at any level of Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes.
- No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required, an examination fee of N2000 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- Candidates for PhD Programme shall be graduates in Master Degree graduates from FUTMinna or any other University recognised by the Senate.
- Holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate will also be considered for admission.
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.0 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Candidates whose background is considered weak in their area of specialization may be subject to course recommendation.
How to Apply
The application for the FUTMinna postgraduate degree programme is done online.
Log on to the SPGS to begin your application.
You will pay an application fee of N15, 000 via Remita and N250 will be charged as the service fee.