Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) is a renowned institution made specific for science and technology courses.
This institution was founded in 1980 and it has produced some notable alumni representing the school within and outside the country.
The testimonies for which the school is known attracts huge number of students to the school.
And, I believe that is why you are here to make some enquiry about the school; of course, you won’t leave with regret.
In this article, we have given substantial information on their school fees and admission guidelines of FUTO.
So, sit back and scroll carefully so as not to miss a bit of information.
FUTO School Fees
|Tuition Foreign Students||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000||$2000|
|Student's Health Insurance/Medical||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500||N4500|
|Hire of Academic Gown||N1000||N1000||N1000||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Student Union Dues||N800||N800||N800||N800||N800||N800||N800||N800||N800|
|Student Union Registration||N3000||N3000||N3000||-||-||-||-||-||-|
Students Affair Levy: N2000
- Other Hostel: N20,000
- NDDC Hostel: N42,000
|Item||PGD||M.Sc (FT)||M.Sc (PT)||MBA (FT)||MBA (PT)||MPH (FT)||MPH (PT)||PhD (FT)||PhD (PT)|
|Student Health Insurance/Medical||N13,500||N13,500||N13,500||N13,500||N23,500||N13,500||N23,500||N13,500||N13,500|
|PG Students Handbook||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000||N5000|
FUTO Admission Guidelines
FUTO offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
However, there are processes candidates must take to be admitted into the school.
UTME/Direct Entry Requirements
Aside from choosing the University as your first choice and doing the right JAMB subjects combination, candidates must meet certain requirements.
UTME candidates should:
- Possess a minimum score of 180 to be eligible to apply for their post UTME
- Have at least five (5) credits in your O’ Level result which includes Mathematics, English and three other relevant subjects.
- Follow the due process taken for the registration in JAMB portal such as uploading your O’ Level result.
- Purchase the post UTME form from the University website.
- In addition to the above requirements, DE candidates must have at least two A’ Level/IJMB passes in subjects relevant in your area of study and a credit/merit in your OND.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Different programmes in postgraduate (PGD, M.SC, M.BA, M.PH, M.Eng) have their peculiar requirements.
But here are the general requirements:
- Candidates must meet the basic admission requirements of matriculation including credits in their O’ Level result especially in English, Mathematics and other relevant subjects.
- PGD candidates must at least possess a lower class in HND or Bachelor’s degree with at least third class honour in the relevant discipline.
- Applicants for M.Sc, M.Eng or MPH must be candidates with a Bachelors degree with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) qualification in the related area from FUTO or from any other recognised University. Or, a Bachelors degree from a recognised University plus a PGD of not less than 3.00 CGPA on a 5.0 scale and a 2.50 CGPA on a 4.0 scale in the relevant area.
- PhD candidates must possess a Master’s degree with a CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.0 scale or 3.00 on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent in the relevant areas from FUTO or any recognised University.
How to Apply FUTO
- Enyer FUTO Website: www.futo.edu.ng
- On the menu tab, click on “Prospective Students“.
- Select Postgraduate Application from the list.
- Click on the link which says “Apply here“
- Input your email address and click on “Generate Invoice“
- Put in your details and click on submit to generate the application fee payment invoice.
- Print your invoice which has your RRR number (Remita Retrieval Reference). You could copy it out.
- Proceed to any bank for payment. You can also make payment via ATM card.
- Return to the application page and login with your email
- Go ahead and complete the form with the appropriate information.
- When you’re done, print a copy of the Acknowledgement Slip.