The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System (JAMB CAPS) was designed to breach human interferences in the admission processes. When the admission requirements are inputted in the software, it automatically selects the qualified candidates.
In this article, you will learn the simple steps to check JAMB result on the JAMB CAPS portal and also learn more about JAMB and the JAMB CAP. We therefore advice you read with keen interest so that you will not miss important bits.
- 1 HOW TO CHECK YOUR JAMB RESULT WITH YOUR JAMB REG. NUMBER
- 1.1 HOW TO ACCESS YOUR JAMB CAPS PORTAL
- 1.2 STEPS TO CHECK YOUR JAMB ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS
- 1.3 HOW TO PRINT YOUR JAMB RESULT SLIP
- 1.4 HOW YOU CAN PRINT YOUR ORIGINAL JAMB RESULT
- 1.5 WHAT IS JAMB CAPS
- 1.6 WHY CAPS IN JAMB?
- 1.7 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 1.8 CONCLUSION
- 1.9 Related Topics;
- 1.10 Share this:
HOW TO CHECK YOUR JAMB RESULT WITH YOUR JAMB REG. NUMBER
I know the spirit is usually high and the emotions flaring. But please be still; it shall all end in glory. However, the JAMB results are released in batches, according to how they were written.
So if you check it the first time, and it is not yet out, keep checking from time to time as yours is just on the way:
- Log unto https://jamb.org.ng
- Login to your JAMB profile using your email and password.
- Click on the “Check Results” button
In a matter of seconds or longer depending on the strength of the network, your JAMB result will be displayed on your screen.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR JAMB CAPS PORTAL
The first step to checking your JAMB result on JAMB CAPS is accessing the portal. But how can you do that? It is simple:
- On your favorite browser, log unto https://caps.jamb.gov.ng (Use a PC, but if you do not have one, turn on the desktop view on your phone browser. This is to enable you have the best experience on the page).
- Enter your JAMB profile email address and password and login
- Tap the menu icon (Four parallel horizontal lines) to display the options on the Home page
- Click on the “CAPS” which is among the functions listed on the menu.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- If you have been admitted, your CAPS portal will read “admitted.” It is left for you to either accept or reject the admission.
- Once you accept or reject admission, your action cannot be reverted. So be careful when making your clicks.
- You account could also read “Recommended” and this means you are opened to some other institutions.
- If it says “Admission in progress, check back later,” just be hopeful you will be admitted.
STEPS TO CHECK YOUR JAMB ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS
After you have successfully written your JAMB test, what awaits you is your result and subsequently admission. Ones heart skips when it comes to seeing your admission status. I can only advice you be confident.
- On your browser, log unto https://caps.jamb.gov.ng
- While on the login page, enter your email address and password to login
- When you are logged in, you will see CAPS Login on the menu panel.
- You can also scroll down to the Direct Entry/UTME admission status button and click on it.
- Click the “Admission Status” button, which is among what is listed on the left-hand side of the page.
- Your registration details will appear including your admission status. If you have been admitted, you will see options like “Accept Admission” and “Reject Admission.”
- Ensure you do not accept an admission when are hopeful that a different school will admit you. Once you accept an admission, you will be shutout of the admission window.
HOW TO PRINT YOUR JAMB RESULT SLIP
When you have seen your JAMB result, of course the next question is “How can I print my JAMB result slip?” Follow these simple steps to get your JAMB result printed.
- Login to your JAMB profile (which you created before registration).
- On the sidebar of the Home page, click the “Print Result Slip”
- A transaction ID will appear, with which you are required to make payment for the service.
- If you choose to pay with your card, click the “Continue” button. If you choose to pay through the bank of using the ATM, make sure you copy out the transaction ID because it is with it you make the payment.
- When you have clicked the “Continue,” you will be taken to Interswitch page on which you will make the payment.
- Enter your card details and tap the Pay button.
- When the payment is complete, you will be asked to enter your Year of Exam and JAMB Registration Number.
- You can now print your JAMB result slip when you have correctly entered the needed information.
HOW YOU CAN PRINT YOUR ORIGINAL JAMB RESULT
- Log on to https://jamb.org.ng/efacility/
- Log in to your account using your email and password. Make sure it is your account you are logged in, else you may be printing someone else’s JAMB result slip.
- On the list of services, click the “Print Result Slip.”
- Proceed to make payment using your card or through Remita (if you had not paid).
- Print your original JAMB result easily when your payment has gone successfully.
WHAT IS JAMB CAPS
As stated in the beginning of this post, CAPS is an acronym for Central Admission Processing System. This method of admission came into light in 2017 and it was adopted by JAMB in order to improve the transparency, credibility and the value of admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
This system automatically selects qualified students according to the admission requirements set. It is meant to serve as a ‘market place’ for different universities such that they’ll pull from the CAPS, the quality of students they want.
WHY CAPS IN JAMB?
- The Central Admission Processing System was developed to tackle the current challenges facing the board, JAMB.
- It was brought in to check irregularities that existed in the admission system
- JAMB CAPS came in to deliver benefits of automation in the Nigerian admission system.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between JAMB admission and School admission?
There is no clear difference between the two because you must be admitted by both School and JAMB before your admission into the tertiary institution stands. The schools work with JAMB to admit qualified candidates.
What does CAPS stand for in JAMB?
In JAMB, CAPS stands for Central Admission Processing System. It was developed to help automate the admission of students into universities in Nigeria.
What does “Admission in Progress” mean in JAMB CAPS?
When you see “Admission in progress” on your JAMB CAPS, it means that the school you are applying to has not submitted their list of admitted students to JAMB. So, you are adviced to be still at this point.
We have come from the low to the apex on this note of the simple steps to check your JAMB result on JAMB CAPS. I believe you have grasped the necessary knowledge you need for the journey.
Meanwhile, if you still questions please go ahead and ask. Perhaps you want to suggest or make contributions to this article, feel free to pour hearts out in the comment section.
Was this post helpful? Why not share this to your friends.