The first step to applying for JAMB is creating an account with JAMB which in other words means that you will need to create a JAMB profile.
Perhaps it is your first time of applying for JAMB and you are not sure of how you can go about the whole thing (it may seem tedious you know).
Not to worry, in this post I have carefully described the different ways you can easily create your JAMB profile. It does involves processes which you can do with your Smartphone. So stick with me as we go down together?
WHAT IS JAMB PROFILE?
By the way what do you mean by JAMB profile? Is it really necessary you create it?
Well, I must state that it is very important to create a JAMB profile.
Your JAMB Profile is an account you will create on JAMB website before you will be allowed to proceed with JAMB Examination registration.
During this profile creation, you will enter your name, contact details. With these, JAMB will be able to communicate important details about your registration and examination to you. You cannot register for JAMB without first creating in a profile.
WHAT YOU WILL DO THROUGH YOUR JAMB PROFILE
You can perform the following actions through your JAMB profile:
- Print JAMB result slip
- Print Admission letter
- Apply for change of course and change of institution
- Check admission status
- Correct a wrongly entered data
- Apply for regularization
In fact, it is through your JAMB profile you perform every action you need on the JAMB website.
HOW TO CREATE JAMB PROFILE
There are different ways by which you can create a JAMB profile, each designed to make the entire process easy for you.
You can create your JAMB Profile:
- On the JAMB e-Facility website
- Using your mobile phone via text message
JAMB PROFILE CREATION ON JAMB E-FACILITY WEBSITE
Step 1: e-Mail Verification
- Enter the JAMB official website
- Locate and click the “Log In” button which is next to the Post Registration facility.
- Click the “Create New Account” button.
- Enter your e-mail address which you can access in order to get the verification code that will be sent to it. If you do not have an email account already, you can Create Your Gmail Account Now.
- Retype your email address and enter your phone number.
- Select a secret question which you may need to verify your identity when the need arises. Make sure that you will remember the answer to the question you have chosen. Also ensure that it is really a secret know to you alone.
- Click the “Verify Now” button and proceed to email inbox to verify your email.
- After some seconds of load, a dialogue box will appear telling you that your email has been save and a confirmation link sent to the address.
- Proceed to your mail and find the email sent from email@example.com. Check your spam folder if the email does not appear on the Primary folder.
- Open the email and click on the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile creation.”
- A unique code will also be sent to you. Make sure you do not delete it, as you will need it for your CBT registration.
Step 2: Sign Up as a New User
- When you click the link on the email as directed above or entered the verification code sent to your mail, and then you can proceed to complete the registration.
- The page on which you will be directed to contains fields where you will enter your personal details.
- Enter your personal information in the field according to how they are required. The list below shows the information you need to enter:
- Your surname
- First name
- Middle name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- State of origin
- Local Government Area.
- Set your password and click the “Sign Up” button. I will advise you make your password strong, such that it cannot be predicted by someone else; you must also make sure you cannot forget it.
- When you are done, a message saying “Your Account Creation Was Successful” will appear.
- So this is all you will need to know about your JAMB profile creation can be done through the JAMB e-Facility website.
HOW TO CREATE JAMB PROFILE VIA SMS
You can also create your JAMB profile through SMS. This is pretty simpler and faster.
- Text your Surname, First Name and Middle name to the JAMB short code, 55019. The whole data should not be more than 40 characters.
- You will receive a 10 digit code on the number you sent the text with. With this code, you will get the ePIN.
NOTE: Every candidate must use different phone numbers for JAMB profile creation. Therefore, one candidate one phone number.
HOW TO CORRECT MISTAKE MADE DURING JAMB PROFILE CREATION
In case you incur mistakes during the JAMB profile creation, you can use the self help method to correct the mistake quickly.
To correct a wrongly spelt name, resend a text to 55019 in this format “CORRECT Surname First name Middle name.”
“CORRECT Chukwuma Ciroma Adekunle,” where Chukwuma is the surname, Ciroma as the first name and Adekunle as the Middle name.
If you want to retrieve a lost confirmation code, text “RESEND” to 55019. Make sure you text it with the number with which you performed the first action.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR JAMB PROFILE
If you made some mistakes when you created your JAMB profile, you can simply edit it through these simple steps:
- Log on to www.jamb.org.ng/correction.ht and click the login button.
- Enter your email and password and log in to your profile.
- Click on the point you want to make the corrections. A transaction ID with which you will make the necessary payment will be displayed on your screen.
- Tap the “Continue button” to make a payment of N2,500 with your ATM. You can pay through Remita with transaction ID at any bank.
- Proceed to the proper CBT centre to make the proposed correction.
Having gone through this article carefully, I should believe you already know that JAMB profile creation is the first step towards applying for JAMB. Make sure you have an active email, phone number and good internet connection in order to set up your JAMB profile.
In the case you do not have access to the internet, you can simply use text method of creating your JAMB profile. Leave your questions, suggestions in the comment section if you have. And do not forget to share this with your friends.