You are welcome here if you have been wondering about the Kaduna State scholarship and how you can grab the huge opportunity it offers. In this post, you will learn about the scholarship, the eligibility criteria, the requirements you must have and the how you can apply for the scholarship.
Like you may already know, studying under a good scholarship can give you a remarkable experience that you would enjoy. It can relief you of mental and body stress which are normally experienced when there is no money.
I used to be a student with empty pocket and I clearly understand what it means to go broke; I also know the pressure students get when they have not paid their school fees. I doubt it would be a good experience for you. So now, let us go ahead and learn what we are here for.
- 1 KADUNA STATE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS
- 1.1 Merit Based Local Scholarship
- 1.2 Requirements:
- 1.3 Need Based Kaduna State Scholarship
- 1.4 FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP
- 1.5 HISTORY
- 1.6 OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS BY THE KADUNA STATE GOVERNMENT
- 1.7 CONCLUSION
- 1.8 Share this:
KADUNA STATE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS
The Local scholarship is offered in two categories:
- Merit Based Scholarship
- Needs Based
The merit based scholarship is offered to students who have performed well perhaps in the scholarship exam or in some other exams. Therefore, by this scholarship, the State rewards excellence and encourage students to study harder and show outstanding performance.
The needs based scholarship on the other hand, is offered to students who have been found financially incapable of pulling through the university studies on their own financial strength.
Merit Based Local Scholarship
Merit Based Undergraduate Scholarship
Obviously, this scholarship is available to Kaduna State citizens who wish to enroll for their undergraduate studies in approved Nigerian tertiary institutions. Here below are the requirements.
- Interested students must have at least B grade in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English Languages and C grade in other subjects in their WASSCE.
- This must be obtained in one sitting
- Candidates can apply while they have secured admission and when they are yet seeking admission.
Merit Based Post Graduate Scholarship
This category of Kaduna State scholarship is available to students who want to pursue their Masters and PhD degrees.
- Candidates who are applying for Masters must have a CGPA of at least 4.0 on a 5.0 scale or 3.5 on a 4.0 scale in their first degree.
- Candidates for PhD should have a Masters merit in order to be eligible.
- Candidates can apply without having secured admission, but admission must be gotten in an approved university in Nigeria
Merit Based Continuing Education Scholarship
The scholarship also covers the sandwich students who combine both studies and work. Students who get this scholarship will have their tuition fee covered and they will be paid N20, 000 monthly for upkeep.
- Candidate must maintain at least a GPA of 4.0 at all time
- Interested candidates must be a student who has at least one more semester at the time of disbursement
- Candidate must not be a spill over student.
Need Based Kaduna State Scholarship
The Kaduna State Need Based scholarship is only offered in two forms: the post graduate scholarship and the Registered Nurse scholarship.
Need Based Post Graduate Scholarship
To reiterate what I had stated earlier about the need based scholarship, this scholarship is meant for individuals who are poor and needy. As such, if you do not fall under that category, do not compete for space here.
Meanwhile, to be eligible for this scholarship, you must provide information on your Tax Identification Number (TIN) and Biometric Verification Number (BVN). You will also be required to state your properties in the cases where you have.
Successful students will have their tuition fees paid and they will receive a monthly stipend of N10, 000 for upkeep. Students under this scholarship must maintain a minimum of 3.0 GPA at all times.
- If you at least a second class graduate or have a CGPA of 2.5 on 4.0 scale
- Merit for PhD degree
- Candidates can apply without having secured admission, but admission must be gotten in an approved university in Nigeria.
Under this category of scholarship offered by Kaduna State, a list of sub-scholarships is involved.
- Merit Based Scholarship
- Emerging Skills Fund
- Needs Based
- Sports Based
- Merit Based Foreign Scholarship
The Kaduna State government also sponsors her citizens to do either their undergraduate or graduate studies abroad. Meanwhile, only students who have showed remarkable academic excellence are offered the scholarship.
Merit Based Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship
- The scholarship is only available to first class graduates
- Students who have made a distinction in their Masters will apply for PhD
- The budget for this scholarship is 15 million naira. Therefore, students are required to seek admission in schools abroad whose fees are within the budget. Else, they can take one of the state loans to complete the rest.
Merit Based Foreign Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Kaduna State foreign undergraduate scholarship is only for students who made at least 5 A grades in five subjects including English and Mathematics, with the rest as B grades in their WASSCE
- These most be obtained in not more than one sitting
- The budget of the scholarship is 15 million. So if you fees exceed that, you are required to take the state loans to complete it and pay at an interest rate of 8% per annum.
Kaduna State is one of the States in Nigeria that does not joke when it comes to education. The State offers a plethora of scholarship programmes, in different categories for her citizens. Some are merit based while others and need-based. Kaduna State also offers both local and international scholarships.
Depending on which category you fall, or the one you desire, you will apply for the scholarship. The beautiful thing about this scholarship is that students apply annually and qualified candidates selected.
Read along to learn these categories of scholarships which you can tap into.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS BY THE KADUNA STATE GOVERNMENT
The general entry requirement for the above listed Kaduna State scholarships is that you must be a citizen of Kaduna State. This will however require that you have documents to prove the above.
You will also be needed to provide supporting documents for all you claim during application. This will include your academic certificates and approved identity card.
In all, I am glad you have learnt pretty much about this topic; but I guess you have a question. So leave it in the comment box; we will attend to you as required. Perhaps you have suggestions, also leave in the comment.
We regularly make updates on different scholarships. In order not to miss opportunities, do subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date. Why not share this post if it was really helpful.
Feel free to explore other scholarship opportunities available to Nigerian students.