Are you an indigene of Kano State and want to study in any of the higher institutions in the State under the sponsorship of the State Government?
If your answer to the question above is yes, then I must point out that you are on the right page. As this is an in-depth article it it enlighten you on everything you need to know.
Education is said to be the key to success, and most people wish to follow that path. The higher institution is not an easy race as people who are not financially stable enough find it hard to pay for their tuition fees and other necessary fees.
And so, the Kano State Government has deemed it fit award scholarships to qualified candidates. If you wish to apply, then you have to read carefully.
- 1 KANO STATE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP
- 2 OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS FROM KANO STATE
KANO STATE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP
Kano scholarship is a grant awarded to candidates that study in any Federal or state university in Nigeria.
- For you to be qualified to apply for the scholarship, you are required to have as follows:
- You must be an indigene
- You are also mandated to have at least 5 credits grades in WAEC /GCE /SSCE including Mathematics, English, and other three (3) subjects relevant in your course of study, in one sitting.
- You must also be a student of the listed courses in Kano State below:
- Kano State University of Science and Technology
- Police Academy, Wudil
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University
- Kano State Polytechnics
- Kano State College of Education
- National Open University
Eligible Courses for Application
All courses of study at the levels of Post-graduate, Undergraduate, HND, ND, NCE, IJMB, and University remedial are accepted.
The listed programmes below are not accepted and do not attract scholarship by the board:
- Pre-ND / Introductory Courses
- Pre-NCE Courses
- All Part-time / In-service Training
- Certificate Courses (At All Levels)
- All Undergraduate Courses in the case of Overseas
- All Postgraduate Courses tenable in Nigeria
Certain documents are required of a candidate to submit when applying. The documents are listed below:
- JAMB and School Admission Letters
- Birth Certificate or Age Declaration
- Primary School Certificate (FSLC)
- Last Examination’s Statement of Results
- Registration Receipt/Bank Teller for the Academic Session
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Other Relevant Documents (if any)
HOW TO APPLY
- You have to purchase a scratch card and fill the application form online to apply at http://kssbonline.org/
- Then scan the documents listed below and attach them during the application.
- Print copy of the completed application form, attach copies of the documents, and submit to the board.
The Kano State Government through the State’s scholarship board also sponsors some of its students to foreign countries for their tertiary education.
All conditions mentioned above (for the local award) still apply here. In addition to the previous awards, payments of allowances and fees, procedures for an extension, and formal approval of the award are required.
Here the Board selects and submits formal recommendation of suitably qualified applicants for overseas training, to the Governor of Kano State through the Commissioner for Education, for approval.
FRENCH UNIVERSITIES SCHOLARSHIP
The Kano State government in February 2020 released N100 million for French universities grant. According to our source, this was approved by Governor Abdullah Ganduje, the state Governor of Kano State to Kano students undergoing various postgraduates programmes in France.
Abba Anwar, the Chief Press Secretary (CPS) to the governor, who gave the statement said that the programme is under the Kano/France Joint Scholarship Programme.
Under this scholarship scheme, lecturers from the State-owned universities and other tertiary institutions of learning are sent to further their studies up to masters and Ph.D. levels in French tertiary institutions.
The available French institutions for the scholarship are:
- University of Lyon
- Ecole Central Nantes
- University of Bourgogne
- Nice Sophia Antipolis
- EPITA Paris
- University of Paris Sud
The University of Paris Sacleg, and so on.
THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
From our research, the Kano State undergraduate scholarship is not currently ongoing.
Therefore, we can only urge you to stick around with us by making sure you subscribe to our newsletter, to get the update when the scholarship application kicks off.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STUDENTS FROM KANO STATE
Aside from the State scholarship, students from Kano have various opportunities they can swim in and grab.
These opportunities range from fully-funded scholarships to local and international scholarships to partially sponsored scholarships.
The most promising of these scholarships are from the oil and gas companies and multinational companies in Nigeria.
In their bid to give back to the society, and join hands to build a Nigerian society of well-trained professionals, they have opened these robust scholarship schemes.
You may want to check out the opportunities here:
- AGIP Scholarship
- Seplat Scholarship
- PTDF Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Scholarship
- NNPC/Total Scholarship
These scholarships are for all Nigerians including students from Kebbi State. So, do not be afraid to apply, thinking it is only students from the host communities of these companies; there are other specific scholarships for students from the Niger-Delta area.
Scholarship can’t be earned if you don’t apply for it. Once you are qualified and have the necessary credentials, then your chances of gaining yourself a scholarship are high; that’s one of the secrets of how to apply for scholarships.
I hope with this article, we have been able to unbox everything about the Kano State scholarship. Meanwhile, if you have a question, do not hesitate to put it down in the comment box.
Ensure you subscribe to our newsletter for more scholarship updates; I know you love good opportunities.
Feel free to share this with your friends. Best of luck!