Education is a tool that provides people with knowledge, skill, technique, information enables them to know their rights and duties towards their society as well as the nation.
The Katsina State Government knowing fully well the importance of education and how great the impact would be on her citizens had proceeded in sponsoring a number of students who wish to acquire tertiary education.
Hence, if you are an indigene of the State and wish to apply for the scholarship. I must say you are at the right as you will learn more onthe requirements needed for one to be qualified.
So dear friend, read along carefully in order to get every bit of it here.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KATSINA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
Read the following carefully to complete the application
- Log on their website at www.ktsstf.org
- Click on ‘Apply for scholarship’ button
- Tap the ‘Purchase Scratch Card’ button to get your scratch card PIN which you will need to further your application.
- Enter a valid email address and click on “Agree to Terms and Proceed” and wait for the payment pop-up page
You will have two options:
- Pay with card: fill-in correct card details and complete the transaction
- Pay with the bank: choose your bank from the list, enter your account number and follow the instructions (Not all banks are supported)
- After successful payment, you are redirected to print a payment slip containing the payment reference number and registration PIN.
- In addition, a payment receipt and an email containing registration token and payment reference is emailed to the payee
PS: In case the email is not sent immediately, kindly wait for 24hrs before contacting admin for complaints.
- Click on the new registration below and enter the purchased registration PIN and proceed.
- Fill the form correctly and upload a passport photo of not more than 16kb
- Forms cannot be edited after successful submission. So be sure of the details you entered before you submit.
- Upon submission of the duly completed application form, you will be redirected to Interview Verification Form and Acknowledgment Page.
- Print the form and take it with you to the interview venue
- You must be an indigene of Katsina State
- You are required to have a minimum qualification of five distinctions (As and Bs) in your Senior Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO) in subjects relevant to their field of study.
You are also required to be a student of any of the institutions listed below:
- Al-Qalam University
- Federal College of Education Katsina
- Umaru Musa Yar’adua University
- Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic.
The specificity of courses that can be applied was not announced. That being the case, any course is eligible for application.
Original copies of documents are used for the application of the scheme. Listed below are the documents required:
- JAMB and School Admission Letters
- Current course registration form
- Letter of identification from your state /local government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
- Birth certificate or age declaration
- Previous examination’s statement of result
LOCAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
All processes and requirements mentioned above can also be applied for the postgraduate scholarship except that the applicants for postgraduate courses must possess a first degree with at least second class upper division.
The Executive Governor of Katsina State, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari had also approved of their students to study outside the country, by sponsoring the student’s tuition fee, upkeep, and other allowances.
The schools available for the scholarship are:
- Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
- International University of Africa, Sudan
- NAHDA College, Sudan
- Ibn Sina University, Sudan
- National University, Sudan
- Maryam Abacha University, Niger Republic
Moreover, all conditions mentioned for the application of scholarship in Nigeria are also applied here.
The board selects the names of the qualified candidates and submit for formal approval by the state governor.
The Katsina State scholarship board was primarily created with the aim of helping students from the State in tertiary institutions, both locally and internationally.
Furthermore, there are processes taken when applying, and the requirements needed to be qualified to go for the scholarship interview.
There’s nothing to be scared of when applying for a scholarship if you are qualified and have the necessary credentials; your chances of gaining the scholarship is high. Well, you can see this guide on how to win a scholarship if you are not really sure.
I guess the article has helped you uncover everything about the Katsina State scholarship. If you have questions, please don’t forget to put it in the comment box; we will be glad to help you with a good a
To stay updated with this scholarship and other scholarship opportunities, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter.