The importance of education cannot be overemphasized. It is an aspirational asset, a tool that enables human beings to widen their horizon, develop skills, and uplift themselves.
The government has no meaning if it does not corporate to the welfare of the people, their security, and improvement in their standard of living and wonderful things they strive to have.
It is no doubt that health, agriculture, education, and commerce are the backbone of societal development, most especially education.
On that note, the Kebbi State scholarship board with the state government had ensured the sponsorship of the citizens to higher institutions of their choice.
So if you are a native of the state and wish your education were sponsored by the state government, you are on the right page. as you will learn more about the Kebbi State scholarship and how to apply for it.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KEBBI STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Log on to their website at www.kebbissb.org
- If you are a new applicant, click on ‘Apply online’ while students with an existing account click on the ‘Student Login’ button.
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed to click on ‘Purchase scratch card’
- Print the scratch card slip after successful payment.
- Return to the application page
- Click on new registration and enter the scratch card numbers; click OK afterward.
- Make sure you take your time to fill out the form correctly and upload a recent passport photograph
- Apply to print the interview slip.
- Ensure you bring the interview slip to the designated interview center.
When going for the interview, bring the original copies of the credentials mentioned above and a:
- Duly signed online application form
- Evidence of payment of registration fee
All students are strongly advised to strictly comply with the deadline as the Board will not be responsible for payment of registration fee of any student who failed to present the above-mentioned documents within the stipulated period.
Read the following conditions to be satisfied for the award of the scholarship carefully:
- Kebbi State Scholarship must be bonafide indigenes
- Government employees are not eligible
- Candidates who are undergoing sandwich courses are not eligible for the award
- Spillover students are considered only with University extension approval.
- Candidates must have secured an admission from recognized higher institutions of learning to study a course with supporting documents i.e Admission Letter (JAMB and School Admission letters).
- Students of private institutions are not eligible for the award.
- Interested candidates for Matriculation or IJMB courses need to apply after completion of their courses so that they will submit fresh scholarship application forms for his/her Diploma or Degree Programmes
The board did not emphasize the course of study the applicant should offer. On that account, all courses are eligible for application.
- Admission letter (JAMB and School Admission Letters)
- Confirmation of admission from your school
- State or LGA certificate of origin.
- Birth certificate
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR KEBBI STATE STUDENTS
The programme is indeed robust. But you will stand a better chance of winning a scholarship when you pay for other scholarships.
So, while you put cast your interest in the State scholarship, you can also drop some of your interests in the below listed fully sponsored scholarships:
You can see that most of these scholarships listed above are oil company scholarships. As a way to give back to the society in which they work, these oil and gas companies have opened robust scholarship schemes to help build a society of well-built and trusted professionals.
Why not save yourself the stress of thinking of how to get yourself a tuition fee and money for upkeep and apply for a scholarship. With that, you can only think about some little miscellaneous expenses and how to build a better future.
I hope for sure that this article has enlightened you more on the Kebbi State scholarship programme. And if you have questions to ask regarding this scholarship, do not hesitate to pen it down in the comment box.
To stay updated with information regarding this scholarship and other scholarship opportunities, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter and be on top of your future and aspirations.