The Lagos State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) has opened applications portal for interested applicants to send in their applications for various teaching positions. They set out to employ 1000 people and you could be one of them.
This post was specially brought you, to serve as a guide through knowing all about the recruitment.
I believe at then end, you will learn the job requirements, how to apply and the various teaching positions available.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LAGOS STATE RECRUITMENT
If you have the requirements stated above and are qualified and ready to teach any of these subjects stated above, then you can go ahead to apply.
Follow the procedures laid down below to apply;
- Visit www.tescomjob.lagosstate.gov.ng
- Create your profile with your email and desired password.
- Login to your account when you have verified your email and click the “Click here to apply” button.
- Now, fill the job application form with the correct information about you as they appear on the documents you have as prove.
- Upload a clear passport photograph of you to continue the process.
- Save and click the academic qualification to enter and upload your academic qualification details.
- Submit your application when you have entered everything correctly.
To stand a chance of getting the Lagos State government job, you must meet the set requirements.
These requirements are basically academic qualification. So you must have any of the below listed academic qualifications:
- National Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B. Ed, B. Sc, B. Tech, B.A) in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Art and Humanity, Technology, Home Economics.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in addition with Technical Teacher Certificate (TTC) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education.
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO APPLY
- The First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- O’Level Certificate, with at least 5 credits of which English and Mathematics are included.
- National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate if you are a graduate
- Birth Certificate, issued by the National Population Commission
- A document serving as a valid means of identification. It could be driver’s license, voter’s card, National Identification Number (NIN) and so on.
- The Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) number.
- Certificate from the Teacher Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN)
- Evidence for the change of name (If there is variation in the names you have in your list of certificates and other documents.
- An attestation letter from your former employer but if you had not been employed, you can get it from the school you attended.
- Applicants are required to be up to 18 years when he/she resumes the work.
WHAT ARE THE AVAILABLE TEACHING POSITIONS?
- Economic Teacher
- Computer Studies Teacher
- Civic Education Teacher
- History Teacher
- Guidance and Counseling Teacher
- Commerce Teacher
- Basic Science Teacher
- Chemistry Teacher
- Biology Teacher
- Business Studies Teacher
- Christian Religious Studies Teacher
- Islamic Studies Teacher
- Mathematics Teacher
- Classroom English Teacher
- Physics Teacher
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The Lagos State TESCOM recruitment has ended; the recruitment portal has also closed (that is why you will not be able to access the application page currently).
We shall keep you updated with information regarding the recruitment if you bookmark this page or subscribe to our newsletter.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AS A TEACHER
It is understandable that there are no jobs in Nigeria and you want to settle for just any one. Teaching job is treated scornfully by many because it is not usually a high paying job.
That is understandable too, owing to the fact that there are loads of financial responsibilities facing any grown man/woman in Nigeria. But then, there must be teachers; you may need that extra push to stay convinced that teaching can leave you fulfilled.
Here are the benefits of working as teacher, especially in Lagos:
- Teaching will give you the opportunity to spark creativity in younger ones for nation building.
- As a teacher, you may not have all the money but you will get the opportunity to share your passion and expertise with others.
- Teachers are never old; you will always be fresh with ideas and knowledge in the world’s dynamic trends.
- You will be exposed to various lifestyles, behaviors or characters as a teacher. This will give you the ability to learn how to adapt to anything life presents.
- Good students never forget a good teacher; your impact in a child remains with him as a legacy you left in him/her.
FREQUENLTY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the recruitment starting?
The TESCOM recruitment has ended in November, 2019. By January, 2020 successful applicants must have been called up.
Meanwhile, the date when the recruitment will begin again is not officially known.
What is the recruitment closing date?
The closing date for the Lagos State Basic Education Board recruitment is 16th of November, 2019. Another round of recruitment is yet to start.
It’s been a good smooth read so far and I want to believe you have learnt all you should know about the Lagos State TESCOM recruitment.
We sincerely appreciate your time here and your possible contribution towards the quality of information here.
Do well to ask your questions if you have any. Feel free to subscribe to this website, because we will be bringing you updated information about recruitment and career.
Do not forget to share this with your friends.