Are you aspiring to become a student of Ladoke Akintola University? Do you wonder what the requirements of the University are?
If these questions resonate with the ones you are in the quest for, then I must assure you that you are on the right page.
In this article, you will not only learn all about the LAUTECH JAMB cut-off mark of but also about their departmental cut-off marks.
We have also given you a slight insight into the University and its ownership.
With all these specially created for you, I invite you to read this post carefully. Make sure you do not miss any line so that you do not miss any detail.
- 1 What is the JAMB Cut-Off Mark of LAUTECH?
- 2 LAUTECH Departmental Cut-Off Marks
- 2.1 About LAUTECH
- 2.2 Faculties and Departments
- 2.3 Faculty of Agriculture
- 2.4 Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- 2.5 Faculty of Sciences
- 2.6 Faculty of Engineering
- 2.7 Faculty of Management
- 2.8 Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- 2.9 College of Medical Sciences
- 2.10 Frequently Asked Questions
- 2.11 Conclusion
- 2.12 Share this:
What is the JAMB Cut-Off Mark of LAUTECH?
The official UTME cut-off mark of the University is 180.
What this means is that you must score from 180 before you can be eligible to buy the University’s screening form, and stand the chance of gaining admission.
Nevertheless, it does not mean that since you have scored up to this cut-off mark, that you must be admitted. Unfortunately not!
On the other hand, if you are unable to make up to this cut-off mark, all hope for admission is not lost.
You always change the institution to a polytechnic or a college of education. But if this is an option that seem difficult, it is still not a bad idea to prepare for JAMB exams against the following year.
Then, you will have to put more effort into preparation and studying to pass the exams, so that you will make a banging score in JAMB.
LAUTECH Departmental Cut-Off Marks
|Agricultural Economics||180 and above|
|Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology||190 and above|
|Animal Production and Health||180 and above|
|Agricultural Extension and Rural Development||180 and above|
|Crop and Environmental Protection||180 and above|
|Crop Protection and Soil Science||180 and above|
|Anatomy||200 and above|
|Biochemistry||200 and above|
|Physiology||200 and above|
|Medical Laboratory Sciences||220 and above|
|Chemical Pathology||200 and above|
|Haematology||200 and above|
|Medical Microbiology and Parasitology||200 and above|
|Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology||200 and above|
|Pharmacology and Therapeutics||200 and above|
|Pure and Applied Chemistry||180 and above|
|Pure and Applied Physics||180 and above|
|Pure and Applied Biology||180 and above|
|Science Laboratory Technology||180 and above|
|Pure and Applied Mathematics||180 and above|
|Earth Sciences||180 and above|
|Statistics||180 and above|
|Agricultural Engineering||200 and above|
|Chemical Engineering||220 and above|
|Civil Engineering||220 and above|
|Computer Science and Engineering||220 and above|
|Electronics and Electrical Engineering||230 and above|
|Food Science and Engineering||200 and above|
|Mechanical Engineering||220 and above|
|Accounting||190 and above|
|Transport Management||180 and above|
|Architecture||200 and above|
|Urban and Regional Planning||180 and above|
|Fine and Applied Art||180 and above|
|Medicine||245 and above|
|Surgery||245 and above|
|Radiology||230 and above|
|Paediatrics||230 and above|
|Obstetrics||230 and above|
|Ophthalmology||230 and above|
|Psychiatry||230 and above|
|Oto-Rhino Zarincology||220 and above|
|Anaesthesia||220 and above|
NOTE: The list above should serve as a guide and not taken to be the actual list.
Meanwhile, the University’s management has not published any official departmental cut-off marks.
However, we shall update our list immediately this is done.
The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology is among the 40 Nigerian state universities. It is highly revered as one of the best universities in Nigeria.
The University was established in 1990 as Oyo State University. In 1991 after the separation of Osun State from Oyo State, the name was changed to Ladoke Akintola University.
The main campus is located at Ogbomoso in Oyo State. The College of Medical Sciences is however located at Osogbo, Osun State.
Therefore, a conflict existed between the two States on which actually owns the University.
Currently, the two States (Oyo and the Osun States) own the school.
LAUTECH started with 436 students, and today, the University records over 30,000 students across their 7 faculties.
Faculties and Departments
Currently, there are 7 faculties and 43 departments at the LAUTECH.
Faculty of Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology
- Animal Production and Health
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Crop and Environmental Protection
- Crop Protection and Soil Science
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Faculty of Sciences
- Pure and Applied Chemistry
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Earth Sciences
- Pure and Applied Biology
- Pure and Applied Physics
Faculty of Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Food Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Management
- Transport Management
Faculty of Environmental Sciences
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Fine and Applied Art
College of Medical Sciences
- Oto-Rhino Zarincology
Frequently Asked Questions
Does LAUTECH accept second choice candidates?
You can choose the University as your second institution of choice in JAMB registration.
But you have a slim chance of getting admitted because the competition is high. And of course, preference will be given to candidates who chose them as their first choice.
What are the admission requirements of LAUTECH?
- You must have an O’ Level with at least 5 credits. English, Mathematics and 3 other subjects must be included in 2 sittings at most.
- Your JAMB and post UTME scores must be enough to meet the cut-off mark of your department of choice.
- You must not be less than 16 years.
How can I pass the LAUTECH post UTME?
We suggest the following steps:
- Study the University’s post UTME past questions.
- Make friends with students already in school, so that you can learn from their own experiences.
- Make sure you find out the scope covered in every subject of the post UTME.
- Start studying early to boost your confidence. Do not be overconfident either. Be optimistic, yet expect everything.
How is LAUTECH cut-off mark calculated?
- Divide your JAMB score by 8
- Divide your post UTME score by 2
- Add the two results.
We would always advise university aspirants to do proper research about the universities they are applying to.
If you have carefully read this post, I will believe you know all you should regarding the JAMB cut-off mark, and the departmental cut-off marks of LAUTECH.
But even at that, if you still have questions regarding this subject, please do not shy away with it.
Drop it in the comment box below, and we’ll give you the best answer as soon as possibleBefore you hit the return button, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter for more updates, especially on the latest undergraduate scholarship for you. We wish you success.