Working for agencies like the NAFDAC could be fulfilling. It may not be all about the money. (Although the staff are well paid), but about the dignity it bestows especially when you keep your hands clean from corrupt practices.
Such integrity built by Late Prof. Dora Akunyili when she was the Director of the agency is to be executed with the utmost sense of duty.
Have you ever wondered what would have been the case of many Nigerians if the agency is non-existent?
Most of what we consume constitutes immense danger to our health: foods, drugs, water, all bear some dangers if they are not properly examined.
Therefore anybody who must get into the agency must have humanity at heart. The love of lives must surpass the like for money.
You must also be a professional properly trained in order to make sure the quality of food and drugs do not decline to a dangerous end.
NAFDAC RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS
To work with the agency, you must also meet the following requirements:
- You must have Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with not less than second class upper division in a relevant discipline and from a recognized tertiary institution. You can also have a Higher National Diploma, HND with Upper credit from any recognized polytechnic. OND, NCE and O’ Level certificates are also accepted for some positions.
- Applicants are required to be between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- You must be mentally and medically fit. Your physical fitness is not criteria as far as you are not mentally or visually impaired.
- You must not be an applicant who is financially embarrassed or under any sort of financial threat.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY FOR THE NAFDAC RECRUITMENT
The next thing to consider is how to apply for the recruitment exercise having met the requirements stated above. Follow these steps to apply:
At the point of publishing this article, the NAFDAC recruitment has not started. Meanwhile, we look forward to 2020 when we expect they will open recruitment portal.
Well, as I already stated in the introduction that you can only enjoy at the long run if you keep your hands away from corruption. B
elow are the benefits you stand to enjoy:
The agency has 36 zonal offices across the federation, to ensure easy access to the services provided by the agency.
They also work hand-in-hand with other agencies like Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON), Consumer Protection Council (CPC), National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria and so on.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
NAFDAC is an acronym which stands for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control. It is the basic duty of the agency to regulate and control the exportation, importation and manufacture, advertisement, sale, distribution and use of foods, drugs, cosmetics, chemical, medical devices and even packaged water in Nigeria.
It was established in 1993 in order to check the manufacture and distribution of illicit and counterfeit products, especially drugs in Nigeria. This is to ensure the safety and health of the Nigeria citizens.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will the recruitment start?
Currently, it’s not open. We will keep you updated on any information regarding the recruitment in 2020.
Is the recruitment form out?
For now, the recruitment exercise has not started. We can keep you posted regarding any developments.
How do I get NAFDAC approval?:
- Visit their office in your state so that they will come inspect your production arena or your company.
- After your company has been inspected and approved, purchase the application form and fill it. You can only register a product at a time.
- Write an application letter addressing it to the Director, Registration and Regulatory Affairs, Central Laboratory Complex, Oshodi, Lagos State. In your application letter must be stated the name of the manufacturer and the generic name of the product and its brand name.
- Alongside the application letter, submit the necessary documents
- Submit your samples also with your product label
Who is the Director General of NAFDAC?
The current DG of is Mojisola Adeyeye. She took over from the former DG, Mr. Paul Orhii
If you’ve read thus far. It is safe to assume to can apply for the NAFDAC recruitment without any problem. You can ask questions on the topic under the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.