Working for agencies like the NAFDAC could be fulfilling. It may not be all about the money, (although the NAFDAC staff are well paid), but about the dignity it bestows especially when you keep your hands clean from corrupt practices; such integrity built by Late Prof. Dora Akunyili when she was the Director of the agency.
Have you ever wondered what would have been the case of many Nigerians if there was no NAFDAC? Death rate would have been at its peak while the corrupt businessmen wax in blood money.
Most of what we consume constitutes immense danger to our health: foods, drugs, water, all bear some dangers if they are not properly examined.
Therefore anybody who must get into NAFDAC must have humanity at heart. The love of lives must surpass the like for money. You must also be a professional properly trained in order to make sure the quality of food and drugs do not decline to a dangerous end.
I have brought in this article, all you need to know about the NAFDAC recruitment: the application requirements, how you can apply and some important answers on questions you may be asking about the NAFDAC and its recruitment. Do wear your information-absorbing cap as we go down together.
HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT NAFDAC?
Permit me to ask you how much you know about the NAFDAC. It is important you understand the system, at least some bits of it before you get in (of course I am optimistic that with the information herein, you will be able to secure the NAFDAC job successfully).
NAFDAC is an acronym which stands for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control. It is the basic duty of the NAFDAC to regulate and control the exportation, importation and manufacture, advertisement, sale, distribution and use of foods, drugs, cosmetics, chemical, medical devices and even packaged water in Nigeria.
NAFDAC was established in 1993 in order to check the manufacture and distribution of illicit and counterfeit products, especially drugs in Nigeria. This is to ensure the safety and health of the Nigeria citizens.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF NAFDAC?
Below listed is the summary of the duties performed by the NAFDAC:
The NAFDAC has 36 zonal offices across the federation, to ensure easy access to the services provided by the agency.
NAFDAC also work hand-in-hand with other agencies like Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON), Consumer Protection Council (CPC), National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria and so on.
With this knowledge about the NAFDAC, you will be able to pull through the recruitment successfully.
NAFDAC RECRUITMENT REQUIREMENTS
Your desire to work with NAFDAC may not be enough to get you there. You must also meet the following requirements:
- To work with NAFDAC, you must have Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree with not less than second class upper division in a relevant discipline and from a recognized tertiary institution. You can also have a Higher National Diploma, HND with Upper credit from any recognized polytechnic. OND, NCE and O’ Level certificates are also accepted for some positions.
- Applicants are required to be between the ages of 18 to 35 years.
- You must be mentally and medically fit. Your physical fitness is not criteria as far as you are not mentally or visually impaired.
- You must not be an applicant who is financially embarrassed or under any sort of financial threat.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY FOR THE NAFDAC RECRUITMENT?
The next thing to consider is how to apply for the NAFDAC recruitment having met the requirements stated above. Follow these steps to apply:
NAFDAC RECRUITMENT UPDATE
At the point of publishing this article, the NAFDAC recruitment has not started. Meanwhile, we look forward to 2020 when we expect they will open recruitment portal. We can keep you updated with any information you need about the NAFDAC recruitment; just subscribe to this website and you will not miss any bit.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH NAFDAC?
Another thing you want to be sure of are what you will benefit working with the NAFDAC. Well, as I already stated in the introduction that you can only enjoy at the long run if you keep your hands away from corruption. Below are the benefits you stand to enjoy:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will NAFDAC recruitment start?
Currently, the NAFDAC recruitment is not open. They did not also open recruitment in 2019, but we will keep you updated on any information regarding the recruitment in 2020. Make sure you do not miss out by subscribing to this website.
Is NAFDAC recruitment form out?
For now, the NAFDAC recruitment has not started. We can keep you posted regarding the NAFDAC recruitment updates. Subscribe to this website so that you will not miss out.
How do I get NAFDAC approval?
To get your product approved by NAFDAC, follow the steps below:
- First, visit the NAFDAC office in your state so that they will come inspect your production arena or your company. You
- After your company has been inspected and approved, purchase the application form and fill it. You can only register a product at a time.
- Write an application letter addressing it to the Director, Registration and Regulatory Affairs, NAFDAC, Central Laboratory Complex, Oshodi, Lagos State. In your application letter must be stated the name of the manufacturer and the generic name of the product and its brand name.
- Alongside the application letter, submit the necessary documents
- Submit your samples also with your product label
Is the NAFDAC a paramilitary agency?
The NAFDAC is a federal agency which ensures that the food, drugs and other consumables in Nigeria are safe and are up to standard. They are not a paramilitary body so to say.
Who is the Director General of NAFDAC?
The current DG of NAFDAC is Mojisola Adeyeye. She took over from the former DG of NAFDAC, Mr. Paul Orhii
If you’ve read thus far. It is safe to assume to can apply for the NAFDAC recruitment without any problem. You can ask questions on the topic under the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.