National Defense Academy (NDA) is an institution that offers training to selected young and able-bodied men and women, producing educated, courageous, strong, eminent permanent commissioned officers.
NDA provides its students with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to meet the requirements of a military officer through the military, intellectual, and moral standard development.
Fascinating, isn’t it? For many reasons, people wish to be admitted into this institution to join the Nigerian Armed Forces.
However, you may be inquisitive to know what their JAMB cut off mark is. In this scintillating post, we have given you all you should know about the JAMB cut-off mark of NDA and of course, the cut-off marks of their different departments.
We have also given answers to some of those questions you might be asking NDA and the admission processes.
So, read along carefully so that you will catch every bit of all we have for you here.
- 1 WHAT IS THE JAMB CUT-OFF MARK OF NDA?
- 2 NDA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARK
- 2.1 ABOUT NDA
- 2.2 FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS IN NDA
- 2.3 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 2.3.1 How can I get admission in NDA?
- 2.3.2 Does NDA accept second choice?
- 2.3.3 Does NDA accept direct entry?
- 2.3.4 Has NDA started its 72nd regular course admission process?
- 2.3.5 What are the requirements for their screening exam?
- 2.3.6 What is the date of the screening test?
- 2.3.7 What is the NDA period of training?
- 2.3.8 What are the benefits after graduation?
- 2.3.9 How can I purchase the NDA application form?
- 2.3.10 How can I submit the application form?
- 2.4 CONCLUSION
- 2.5 Share this:
WHAT IS THE JAMB CUT-OFF MARK OF NDA?
The JAMB cut-off mark of the Nigerian Defence Academy is 180. Any candidate who scored up to 180 and above are eligible to apply for their entrance exam except for those who applied for Engineering. The JAMB cut-off mark of Engineering faculty is 210.
Nonetheless, you will need to score a higher mark than the above-stated cut-off marks to beat the set departmental cut-off marks.
NDA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARK
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||210|
|History and War Studies||180|
|Political Science and Defense Studies||180|
|Accounting and management||180|
N/B: The official departmental cut-off make of NDA for 2020/2021 session is not out. However you can use the above to prepare your mind about what to expect.
National Defence Academy (NDA) was founded on 5th February 1964 with regards to the defense needs of independent Nigeria.
It is located in Kaduna state, the northern part of Nigeria. NDA was established as a rectification of the British run Royal Military Forces Training College (RMFTC) and had been renamed the Nigerian Military Training College (NMTC) on independence.
This military institution trains the officer corps of the Nigerian Army, Navy, and Air Force. Initially, the class contained only 62 cadets and those that were trained were mostly officers in the Indian Army. In 1978, the NDA later grew to an all Nigerian training staff only.
In 1985, the Academy kicked off in offering undergraduate programmes to Military Officers In Training. Now, NDA also offers post-graduate studies both for Msc and Ph.D. for both military and civilian students alike.
However, the central mission is still about the training of young officer cadets in the 5 years (4 years, Army, Navy, and Air force academically and one year in their respective training centers) Regular Combatant Course.
FACULTIES AND DEPARTMENTS IN NDA
The Nigerian Defence Academy has only 3 faculties and 14 departments. Below listed are these departments and the departments under each of the faculties:
Faculty of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Faculty of Science
- Biological science
- Computer science
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- History and war studies
- Political science and defense studies
- Accounting and management
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I get admission in NDA?
For one to be eligible for 72nd regular course admission into NDA, you have to meet up with the following requirements:
- Candidates must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Candidates must be single males or females without a legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Candidates must present a Certificate of origin from their State government or Local Government Area.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as in August in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Candidate must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics, and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Candidates must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for males and 1.65 meters for females.
- The knowledge of French and Arabic, the Mandarin language is an added advantage.
Does NDA accept second choice?
Yes, the JAMB board had announced through their twitter handle that candidates of NDA can choose the institution as their second choice when filling their JAMB form.
Does NDA accept direct entry?
Yes, they do if only you have these requirements:
- Two A’ level pass on the subjects related to your course of study
- ND/NCE in related programme or subject
Has NDA started its 72nd regular course admission process?
Well, this is to inform the NDA aspirants that online application for admission into the 72nd Regular Course of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna has been available since 5th December 2019 and will probably end on 14th May 2020. Admission into NDA is open to both Male and Female Nigerians.
What are the requirements for their screening exam?
All eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip, and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study, and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
What is the date of the screening test?
The screening test which was scheduled for 16th May 2020 may not hold again due to the viral outbreak in the country.
We shall update this page as soon as a new date is fixed.
Candidates should equally note that:
Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only
What is the NDA period of training?
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for 5 years.
What are the benefits after graduation?
After successful completion of training, graduates will earn an honours degree in a core discipline (B. Sc, B. Eng, BA). They will also gain a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
How can I purchase the NDA application form?
When the page opens, select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after6 first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only.
NB: Only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
You can learn all about NDA application here.
How can I submit the application form?
Application forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
You must agree with me that it’s been a good ride from the beginning up to this point. Therefore I must agree that you have gotten all you would want to know about the JAMB cut-off mark of NDA and the cut-off marks of different departments in the military institution.
If in any way we did not capture your question or maybe you have more questions to ask, do not hesitate to drop your question in the comment box; we will be glad to help as much as we can.
Do not leave without subscribing to our newsletter, as we shall be bringing you updates on different scholarships; I am sure you would want to study on a scholarship?