If you are a student from Niger State, and you are wondering about the Niger State scholarship, then you have arrived at the right page.
We have also brought you other scholarship opportunities open for students to apply. Considering the State cannot cater to the teeming population of students.
You know, being a student of a higher institution in Nigeria is no small feat, as there are lots of rigors associated with it.
The financial burden it places on both students and parents is one of the major problems. But with a scholarship, you can focus more on your studies because you will be less distracted.
So, I urge you to read along carefully to absorb all the information necessary to grab this opportunity.
- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGER STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- 2 HISTORY
- 3 OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS
- 3.1 Federal Government Scholarship
- 3.2 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards.
- 3.3 Latest Oil and Gas Scholarships
- 3.4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 3.5 CONCLUSION
- 3.6 Share this:
For applicants to be eligible for any of the various schemes available, they must fulfill the following requirements:
- They must be from Niger State, or be a resident of the state defined by the existing official declaration.
- Applicants should possess a valid full-time admission of any recognized public Nigerian or foreign institution of higher learning (an admission letter in languages other than English must be accompanied by the certified true and accurate translations).
- Attain and maintain a level of performance required by the expectations of the specific scholarship scheme for which he or she is a beneficiary (for this purpose, the relevant review shall take place at the end of the academic session.)
- Complete the prescribed form for the relevant scholarship scheme he or she is expected to be a beneficiary.
- Submission of the completed prescribed form within the time limit set for the purpose and meeting other deadlines ad may be required for the timely processing of admission.
- A written recommendation from a respected member of the community attesting to the good behavior of the applicants.
- Formally accepting the offer of scholarship or financial assistance including the terms and conditions of such offer.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
The following documents are the basic ones which would be required to be able to complete a successful application online:
- Your JAMB and School Admission letters, bearing information about your course of study, year of entry, and duration.
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate.
- Evidence of State of Origin / Local Government.
- A letter of attestation from a respected member of the community attesting to the good behavior of the applicants.
- Relevant forms of identification like the School ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGER STATE SCHOLARSHIP
- Visit www.nssb.org.ng
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button to fill in the required information on the fields provided.
- Download the prescribed form, complete
- Attach the necessary documents.
- Submit the online application.
- You can also complete an application and submit it to the board.
Address: Niger state scholarship board old secretariat complex Muazu Muhammad Road.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone Numbers:
The state government award scholarships through the State Scholarship Board. This panel was established in 1976, when the State was established.
Their primary responsibility is disbursing grants to qualified indigenous students of Niger State in tertiary institutions in Nigeria and abroad.
Following the change of guard of government house in May 2007 these statutory activities of the board had blossomed to the highest peak, with the students now enjoying regular and uninterrupted payments of scholarships.
The Niger State scholarship scheme is active. But currently, the application for the scholarship for the 2019/2020 session has closed.
Meanwhile, next year is still available. So ensure you stick around with us by subscribing to our email list; we shall keep you updated.
The state grant will most likely be able to cater to a few numbers of bright students. As such there are other scholarships sponsored by the Federal Government of Nigeria and some oil companies in Nigeria.
Many other students can take advantage of. Now let’s find out what these alternatives are:
Federal Government Scholarship
The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Education annually invites interested Nigerian students to apply for the Federal government scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded to both Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students. The application date and deadline, however, vary with years.
Thus, if you are a student studying in any Public tertiary institution (State or Federal), and have the requirements for this scholarship, why not grab the chance.
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards.
The Federal Government of Nigeria sends a good number of Nigerian students to different countries for the bilateral education agreement scholarship every year.
The countries in this bilateral education agreement are Non-English speaking countries like Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, South Korea and so on.
This Scholarship is divided into undergraduate, postgraduates (Master’s, and PhD.) categories.
According to the interest of the candidates, they will choose which country to study and of course, their choice of course.
If you wish to study outside and explore the opportunity of learning other foreign languages, ensure you check out this scholarship in the link below.
Latest Oil and Gas Scholarships
Many oil and gas giants in the country have different scholarship schemes for students from Nigeria. Some of these scholarships are fully-funded scholarships and are worth over N100, 000 (for one year).
It is in their bid to give back to society and help grow a pool of professionals that these companies have initiated these scholarship programmes.
So, you can choose to apply for these scholarships:
There is also a plethora of fully-funded local and international scholarships from which you can choose. So, it will take you nothing but a click to find out these scholarships.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the deadline for the application?
The 2020 applications have opened and unfortunately have closed too. The application for the 2019/2020 session was open from the 9/03/2020 to 30/04/2020. The application was expected to have been completed within that period.
When does the screening exercise usually come up?
The screening exercise is conducted by the board once in every year. The Board decides when it will be suitable for many applicants from various institutions to attend in the state capital.
The Board makes necessary arrangements for applicants to be aware of the screening exercise.
Why screening exercise?
This is to screen genuine applicants and make sure ghosts or fake applications are eliminated to reduce fraud from the system.
Is the scholarship a right or a privilege?
The scholarship can be a right if the said applicant fulfills all the requirements/conditions laid by the board and as a privilege because the board has the power to withdraw it without a given condition.
At this point, I will believe that article has done well to provide you with all the specifications and requirements needed to apply for the Niger State scholarship.
If in any way you are confused, and you have a question to ask, please do well to drop it in the comment box; we’ll respond to you as soon as possible to the best of our knowledge.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep getting updates and information regarding this scholarship and others alike. Stay smiling!