You are a new student of the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) or just an enthusiast of the institution. Maybe you are struggling with the knowledge about how you can access use the NOUN portal.
Well, you could just be anybody but what is important now is that in this post, you will learn all you need to know about the National Open University of Nigeria Login Portal – how to sign up and login.
Also presented here are some frequently asked questions that perhaps, are troubling you. Go on to see what we have here.
NOUN LOGIN PORTAL
The NOUN Student Portal is the online platform through the students of the National Open University of Nigeria access their course materials and perform other necessary actions as it regards their schooling. This portal is an access point to all the “StudWare” available to students of NOUN.
The National Open University portal for students is:
HOW TO SIGNUP
In order to access the products of the NOUN student portal, a student must register; in other words, a student must create his online account.
- Visit www.nounonline.net/stuser.php
- On the list of buttons on that page, click the “Register” button. This will take you to the registration page.
- On the Student’s Portal Registration Page, enter your Matric Number (Registration Number)
- Enter your surname
- Type in other names you have
- Put in your email address, preferably the one you applied with. It should b an active address, meaning that it should be easily accessible
- Enter your phone number
- Tap the drop-down menu of the “State” to select your state of origin
- Choose a strong password and input it in the “Password” field. Retype the same password in the “Verify Pwd” field.
- Review all you have entered and if they are correct, click the “Submit” button below the page.
NOTE: If you click the “Reset” button just close to the “Submit” button, it will clear all the data you have entered above.
HOW TO LOGIN
When you have successfully created your Student online account, the next step is to login to access the various options on the platform.
- Visit www.nounonline.net/stuser.php
- From the list on the page, click on the “Login” button
- Enter your Matric Number (Reg. Number)
- Type in your password (the one you chose on creating the account).
- Click the “Submit” button when you have entered the required information correctly.
HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR PICTURE TO YOUR STUDENT PORTAL
It is necessary you upload a passport sized photograph of your face for the sake of identity and security. This image will also appear on forms you print from your portal.
- Visit https://dev.nounonline.net/index.php
- Login to your profile with your matric number and password
- Click on the “Choose file” button
- From your computer (or phone), select a photo that clearly shows your face
- Submit/Save it after a successful upload.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I apply for a programme at the National Open University (NOUN)?
- You can apply for a programme at NOUN by first visiting the application portal at www.nounonline.net
- While on the homepage, click the menu button to display the available list
- Click the “Admissions”
- Choose the faculty into which you wish to be admitted
- Choose the programme and click “Apply” from the menu button on that page.
- Fill the necessary information and make the required payment and you are good to go.
What is the cost of NOUN admission form?
The cost of admission form for the National Open University is N5000 for undergraduate, N7500 for Post Graduate programmes and N10,000 for PhD.
To pay any of these fees, you will need to generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code from the application portal as stated above.
How are NOUN students taught?
There are different ways instructions will be delivered to the students of National Open university of Nigeria. They include:
- Printed Materials
- Radio and Television broadcasts
- Internet and
- Audio and Video tapes
Will my certificate from NOUN be comparable with those from conventional Universities?
Yes. Certificates obtained at the National Open University are comparable with those obtained from conventional universities (Federal, State and private universities). This is based on the fact that all studies are based on the stipulation of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
At graduation from NOUN, will I be mobilized for the compulsory 1 year NYSC programme?
Currently, the NOUN management is still in discussion with the NYSC stakeholders on the issue. However, NOUN graduates will not be mobilized for NYSC programme
Are courses at the National Open University Part-time?
Studies at NOUN are carried out at your own pace. You can work while you study and you can also give it a full time and move on at your own rate.
How long will it take me to complete my course at NOUN?
As I already stated above, you can study at your own pace. Therefore how long your programme at NOUN takes you depends on how much time you give your studies and the duration it takes you to clear all the prerequisite credit load for a given programme.
What are the courses offered at the National Open University of Nigeria?
The courses offered at NOUN ranges from Law, Social Sciences, Arts, Sciences, Health Sciences, Education and Management Sciences. Here is comprehensive list of all the courses offered at the National Open University of Nigeria.
On your NOUN student portal, you can generate your school fees payment invoice, register your courses, access you lecture materials and perform many other operations. I should believe that at this point, you have been able to grasp all you should know about the NOUN Login portal – how to sign up and login.
Maybe you got confused at a point or you still have an unanswered question, please do well to leave them in the comment section; we shall attend to them properly.
In order to stay updated with necessary information as it regards scholarships, studying abroad and jobs, do make sure you subscribe to our newsletter; you can bookmark this page still.
Was this article helpful? Spread the love if it was. If it wasn’t, a suggestion from you will help us a great deal.