Have you visited the prison before? If you have not, you may find it difficult to understand it, when someone says that there are people who are actually in anguish and in great suffering here in Nigeria.
Well, that is not the case now. But before you choose to work with the Nigeria Prisons Service (Now Nigeria Correctional Service), you must be well prepared: to be hardened when the scenario arises and to be tender when the need be.
In this post, you will learn all you should about the Nigeria Prisons Service recruitment. I have digested the application requirements, application procedures and other necessary information about the recruitment, to the point you can easily understand them.
- 1 WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NIGERIA PRISONS SERVICE RECRUITMENT?
- 1.1 HOW YOU CAN APPLY
- 1.2 CONCLUSION
- 1.3 Share this:
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NIGERIA PRISONS SERVICE RECRUITMENT?
Here are the general requirements you must meet in order to be absorbed into the Nigeria Prison Service system:
HOW YOU CAN APPLY
The application process for the recruitment is carried out via their official recruitment website.
- Login to the website at www.prisons.gov.ng and click on the job advert button
- You will be taken to the application page (http://recruit.prisonportal.com.ng/recruit), where you will fill your details in the application form.
- Submit your application when you have filled the form and uploaded the needed documents.
- Print your referee forms and other printouts. The Referee forms must be completed as you are instructed.
These Referee forms will be submitted at the screening venue.
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF THE NIGERIA PRISONS SERVICE?
You may be wondering what actually is the job of the NPS, or more directly, the work of the prison warders.
Well, here below are the functions of the Nigeria Prisons Service (Now Nigeria Correctional Service):
- Their first primary duty is to take custody of convicts legally detained.
- Another function they perform is to identify the cause of convict’s behavior, and therefore understand the best way to correct them.
- The Nigeria Prisons Service train convicts in various skills that will make them useful when they get out of prison.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will the recruitment start?
There is no official date yet, when the NPS recruitment will start. We keep this website updated with the latest information about the NPS recruitment. You can always come back here or subscribe to our newsletter so that you will stay updated.
When is the deadline for the recruitment?
Like I already said, the date when the recruitment will start is not known yet. But from the past recruitment exercise, the recruitment process ends after six weeks of start.
How many prisons are there in Nigeria?
Wikipedia records that Nigeria currently has 240 prisons across the federation.
What are the prisons in Nigeria?
Some of the prisons in Nigeria are: Yola Prison, Abakaliki Prison, Kuje Prison, Ikoyi Prison, Kirikiri Maximum Prison, Kirirkiri Medium Security Prison, Kirikiri Women’s prison, Medium Security Prison, Oko and so on.
I want to believe at this point, that you now know all about the Nigeria Prisons Service recruitment. Feel free to ask your questions if you have any; we are always ready to answer you. Or do you have a suggestion to give us?
More importantly, you can also always refer to this website for your accurate information about recruitment. Do share this information with your friends; it may be what they have been waiting to see.