A top-notch scholarship you can lay your hands on is the PTDF scholarship. With the scholarship, you will be sponsored by the federal government of Nigeria for either your M.Sc or PhD programme, in any of the following four countries: China, Germany, France and Malaysia.
This post will guide you through all you should know about the scholarship: how you can apply, the various requirements and documents you need to apply.
We have also answered some questions that will give you a head start, and therefore increase your chances securing the award.
WHAT IS PTDF SCHOLARSHIP?
PTDF stands for Petroleum Technology Development Fund. It is a federal government agency that is mandated to develop indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology that meets international requirements in the oil and gas industry.
The scholarship however, is an annual scholarship programme that sponsors qualified Nigerians for M.Sc or PhD studies abroad, in four countries: Germany, China, Malaysia and France.
The purpose of the scheme is to produce Nigerians with the intellectual ability and skill set, that will enable them participate actively and productively in the country’s oil and gas industry.
In this regard, PTDF invites applications from interested and qualified candidates for the program. Candidates, who come out successful after the application exercises, will be awarded the scholarship therefore.
For your PTDF scholarship to be considered valid, you must be an eligible applicant. This therefore means that you will meet the requirements as listed below:
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their First Degree. Applicants with Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
- Candidates must have also completed the mandatory 1 year National Youth Service Corp, NYSC.
- Applicants must be computer literate
- It is also required of applicants to have a minimum of 5 credits in their O’ Level certificate, of which English Language must be included.
- Applicants for the PhD studies must have completed the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corp, NYSC
- Candidates for this category must be computer literates
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry. It should not be more than 5 pages. It should therefore include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and mode of data collection.
- Candidates must submit their Master’s degree project.
- You are required to provide your admission letter too.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PTDF SCHOLARSHIP
If you met the above requirements, then you can proceed to make you application. Here is a guide of how you can make your application for the PTDF scholarship:
Step 1: Create Your Account
The step is to create your new application account. This you can do by log on to https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/create/applicant
You must an accessible email address and an active phone number.
Step 2: Sign In to Start Application
After you have created your new account and confirmed the originality of your email, you are required to sign in.
Click the Sign Up button to proceed. Enter your email address and your password to get started.
Step 3: Verify Your NIN
To continue your application, you must verify your National Identity Number, NIN. So click the Verify NIN button at the top right corner of your of your dashboard to continue.
Carefully enter your NIN which will be found on your National identity card or slip, your first name, middle name and last name as they appear on your card or slip. Tap Verify to continue.
Step 4: Start New Application
After you have verified your NIN, click the New Application button to start your application. Carefully fill the fields in the application form. You can save your success and continue next time. You can also go back to previous process.
Make sure you preview your application before you submit. Changes will not be made after you have submitted.
DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
You will need to upload the following documents when submitting the application. You are however advised to scan copies of these documents before uploading them during application.
- Your First Degree Result or Statement of Result
- Your NYSC Discharge certificate or Exemption certificate
- O’ Level certificate: WAEC, NECO, GCE, SSCE
- Recent and clear passport photograph of you
- A Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s degree Certificate (for PhD applicants only)
- An evidence of membership of professional associations
APPLICANTS MUST NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
WHAT IS THE CLOSING DATE?
The PTDF scholarship is an annual scheme. It therefore opens every year. In 2020, the closing date for the application was 17th February, 2020.
THE LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
The courses sponsored by the PTDF are Engineering, Science, Information Technology and Management courses. A summary of these courses sponsored by PTDF are:d
Applicants are allowed to select up to 3 different courses (1st, 2nd, 3rd choices) in any University within the four countries.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the PTDF scholarship application deadline?
The deadline for the PTDF scholarship 2020 application is 17th February, 2020. You must submit your application before the end of this date else, you will be shutout of this great opportunity.
How much is PTDF scholarship worth?
If you win the PTDF scholarship, the federal government of Nigeria will take care of your tuition fee and living expenses. You will receive monthly stipends which you can live on.
How can I apply for the PTDF scholarship?
The application for PTDF scholarship is done over the internet, on the PTDF scholarship portal. To apply, simply follow this link: https://scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng/create/applicant
It is great if you have read up to this point, and I believe you have gotten all you should know about the program: how you can apply and the requirements.
If you still have an unanswered question, do not hesitate to pull it through in the comment section.
Lastly, if this article was helpful to you and you think it will be important for someone, please hit the share button to spread the love. Good luck!