The security of lives and properties in Nigeria has been a major challenge over time.
In her attempt to ensure proper security, the government has instituted many security agencies. Among these security agencies in Nigeria is the State Security Service (SSS).
The SSS however, is one of the top security agencies in Nigeria, which has recorded remarkable successes in many of their operations.
It is interesting to know that the SSS recruits officers into the agency when the need arises.
So if it is your dream to join this security agency and gather intelligent information for the security of lives and properties in Nigeria, this post is for you.
Here in this article are all you need to know about the SSS recruitment: the application requirements, how to apply and the relevant disciplines accepted.
- 1 HOW TO APPLY
REQUIREMENTS FOR SSS RECRUITMENT
WHAT ARE THE RELEVANT COURSES YOU NEED?
There are disciplines which is most required. This does not out-rightly disqualify candidates with other disciplines; but candidates from the required disciplines will be considered first.
- English Language
- Guidance and Counseling
- Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Computer Science.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Informatiob Technology Specialist.
- Physical and Health Education.
Medical professionals like, Medical Consultants, Dental Officers, Medical Doctors and Nurses are also accepted into the SSS.
HOW TO APPLY
THE DOCUMENTS YOU NEED
You will need to upload or provide the following documents;
- Academic certificates
- Other professional certificates proving your qualifications
- Local Government Area certificate of origin
- Birth certificate or Age Declaration (Court Affidavit)
- Two passport photographs
- A written application letter
You may be wondering what you will gain by working with this Nigeria security agency. But as you consider your gains, do not forget it is a demanding job, requiring dedication, allegiance, submission to authority and the spirit of patriotism.
Nevertheless, here below are what you will gain by working as an SSS officer:
- You will have the prestige that you are working to protect lives and properties of your countrymen.
- Since you work closely with high government officials, you can easily get Favour from them
- As an SSS official, you are well paid in addition to some allowances from the officials you are working for.
- DSS officials are not subjected work stress as some employees in private owned firms.
ABOUT THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE (SSS)
Today, the SSS bears a self-styled name which is the Department of State Security (DSS). The DSS as a security agency is the primary domestic intelligence agency Nigeria has.
Their primary duty is to gather intelligence within the country and to protect top government officials, especially the President and Governor of the States.
The SSS functions as a department in the presidency and it is controlled by the National Security Adviser.
The SSS was formed on 5th June 1986 as one of the three successor organizations to National Security Organization (NSO) which was dissolved in that same year.
You should clearly understand what the functions of the SSS are, so that you will align before time into what you will be doing when you get into the system.
So, below listed are the duties or functions:
- It is the mission of the State Security Service is to protect and defend the country against domestic threats, to uphold and enforce Nigeria’s criminal laws.
- The DSS functions to provide leadership and criminal justice services to federal and state law-enforcement bodies.
- The DSS is charged with duty of protecting government officials: the President, Vice President, Senate President, State Governors, Senators and their immediate family members.
- The DSS is also mobilised when the need arises to handle security threats in the country.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When will SSS recruitment start?
There is no official notice yet about when the DSS recruitment will start. Nonetheless we can keep you updated with information regarding the recruitment, but make sure you bookmark this page or subscribe to this website so that you will not miss any information.
What are the salaries scale?
It is not certain what the salary of DSS officers is. Nevertheless, a source has it that the highest ranked officer in DSS receives N1. 3 million per month.
What is the work of DSS?
The DSS or SSS is an intelligence security agency whose work is to protect the government officials and their immediate family members.
Who is the Director General?
The current Director General of DSS is Yusuf Magaji Bichi. The DSS is under the control of the National Security Adviser. The current National Security Adviser is Babagana Monguno.
At this point, it is believed you have gotten everything you need to know about the State security service (SSS) Recruitment. If you have any question do not hesitate to use the comments section.
You may also have something else to say regarding this article you just read; so do well to leave in the comment what you think about it.
It will also be great you share this to your friends; it may be of need to someone close to you. Thank you for coming by.