In this post, you will learn about the school fees and the admission guidelines of the University of Ibadan.
UI is a public research university located in Ibadan. It was established in 1948 as University College of the University of London.
In 1963, it became an independent institution. However, it is the oldest degree-awarding university in Nigeria.
For years, the University has stood as one of the best universities in Nigeria, producing many remarkable individuals.
You could be one of such individuals if you read this post.
UI School Fees
The fees paid by UI students aren’t much compared to that paid by students of State universities.
|Education||N42, 400 - N42, 900||N42, 900 - N43, 000|
|Social Science||N52, 400 - N62, 400||N48, 900 - N59, 150|
|Arts||N52, 400||N43, 900 - N44, 900|
|Science||N52, 400||N48, 900|
|Agric Science||N47, 400||N43, 900 - N49, 900|
Students under the faculties like Technology, Veterinary, Clinical Sciences, Pharmacy and so on, pay school fees that range from N42, 000 to N60, 000.
Acceptance Fee: PG students pay a non-refundable acceptance fee of N20, 400.
School Fees: PGD and Masters students at UI pay between N120, 000 and N170, 000 depending on the department.
Some programmes like PhD could cost up to N400, 000 and N500, 000 per year.
UI Admission Guidelines
The University of Ibadan offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. To gain admission into any of these categories of studies, you must meet the necessary following requirements.
- Apply for JAMB and choose the university as your first choice of institution.
- Score the minimum aggregate mark for your course of choice.
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in relevant subjects in not more than 1 sitting, if you are applying for courses in Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Dentistry, Public Health, and Pharmacy.
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in 1 sitting, or 6 credits in 2 sittings if you are applying for courses in Agriculture and Forestry, Arts, Education, Law, Science, Technology, Social Sciences, and Veterinary Medicine.
- Candidates must do the proper JAMB subject combination for their course of choice.
- You will only need to submit a second ‘O’ Level result when the first didn’t meet up the requirements.
Direct Entry Admission
- In addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements for your course, DE candidates must have either NCE, OND or HND from a recognised institution.
- Candidate’s institution must send a hard copy of his/her transcript directly to the UI Admission Unit.
How to Apply
Direct entry application begins from getting the form via JAMB portal during the period of JAMB registration.
After that, you are required to fill an online application form on the University portal, where you enter your bio-data and results.
The application usually opens in July to August annually (except there are changes).
- Candidates should have a first degree or HND from the University of Ibadan, or any other recognised institution.
- Aside from the departmental requirements, applicants must satisfy the O’ Level requirements as stated in the undergraduate category above.
- Applicants for the degree of M.Phil and PhD are admitted to the degree of Master Programme first. However, candidates who have a good first degree, and are already holding acceptable postgraduate degrees, may be considered for direct admission to the M. Phil and PhD Programmes.
How to Apply
Application for postgraduate studies opens every year
However, interested applicants can submit their application online at http://www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/
Application forms cost N18, 000 for professional courses and N13, 000 for academic programmes.
Candidates for Master’s and PGD will pay extra N3, 000 for English proficiency tests.
The school fees of UI is quite affordable and the admission process does not involve too much of hassle. We wish you luck.