Are you wondering how much you would be paying if you get admitted to study in UNIAbuja?
Well, even if that is not the case with you, in this post, you will learn all about the school fees and admission guidelines of University of Abuja.
UNIABUJA School Fees
Since University of Abuja is a federal university, their students do not pay tuition fee. However, they pay other charges.
These charges make up the school fees the students pay.
The fees paid by students differ across faculties, and as stated below, students in the science-inclined departmenta pay higher because of laboratory fee.
Students in Geology and Biological Sciences pay highest because of additional field trip fee.
|Description||New Students (Science)||New Students (Non-Science)||Returning Students (Science)||Returning Students (Non-Science)||Biology & Geology (New Students)||Biology & Geology (Returning Students)|
|Acceptance fee||N10,000||N10, 000||Nil||Nil||N10, 000||Nil|
|Total||N33, 500||N32, 500||N21, 000||N20, 000||N35, 500||N23, 000|
Other fees paid by undergraduates (Optional Fees)
- Accommodation (Main Campus): N10, 000
- Accommodation (Mini Campus): N5000
- Change of course by University: N10, 000
- Change of course by student: N20, 000
- Inter university transfer: N50, 000
- Intra university transfer: N25, 000
- Change of institution: N30, 000
- Late registration: N5000
|Programme||Tuition fees||Other Charges||Total|
|M. Sc Arts/Education/Management Science/Social Science||N75, 000||N39, 000||N114, 000|
|M. Sc (Science)||N60, 000||N39, 500||N99, 500|
|PhD Arts||N90, 000||N39, 500||N129, 500|
|PhD Management Science/Education/Social Science||N90, 000||N39, 500||N129, 500|
|PhD Natural Science||N80, 000||N39, 500||N119, 500|
|LLM||125,000||N39, 500||N164, 500|
|M. Phil||N140,000||N39, 500||N179, 500|
|PhD Law||N150, 000||N39, 500||N189, 500|
|PGDE||N40, 000||N39, 500||N79, 500|
|PGDA/BA/PS/EPP & other PGDs||N85, 000||N39, 500||N124, 500|
|MBA Executive||N250, 000||N39, 500||N289, 500|
|MPA/MIRD/MEPP/MFE||N150, 000||N39, 500||N189, 500|
|MBA Full-time||N150, 000||N39, 500||N189, 500|
UNIABUJA Admission Guidelines
- Applicants must have WASSCE/NABTEB/NECO or equivalents with credits in five subjects in not more than two sittings.
- Every candidate have an acceptable score in JAMB.
- Direct entry candidates must possess a Diploma, NCE with at least lower credit.
- Direct entry candidates must also have two A’ Level passes or its equivalents.
- Candidate must have obtained at least (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings in WASSC/NECO/GCE (Ordinary Level) or their equivalent.
- Applicants for M.A., M.EPhD., M. Eng., MVPH, MVPM and M.Sc. degree in any field must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree with at least second-class lower division in the relevant discipline.
- Candidates for PhD in any Programme must have obtained a minimum weighted average M.Score of 60% (4 points) letter grade “B” average performance in the Master’s Degree
- An applicant for the PhD with a Master’s Degree from any other University, who, in his/her Masters study had not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalent, similar to the courses in the University of Abuja shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% (4 points) or a letter grade “B”
- PGD applicants must possess a University degree with minimum grade of third class or HND with a minimum of Lower Credit.
- Applicants for MPH Community Medicine must have MBBS, BDS.
- A health related degree is required for MPH Sexual and Reproductive Health
Candidates for PhD should attach a maximum of 500 words research proposal.
How to Apply
- Enter www.portal.uniabuja.edu.ng
- On the menu, click Postgraduate
- Click apply and fill the application form.
Follow the instructions on the page to complete your application.
The application form cots N20, 500