If you are an aspirant of UNILAG, one of the things you would want to find out is the amount you will be paying as a student.
Good enough, in this post, you will learn all about the school fees and admission guidelines of the university.
- 1 UNILAG School Fees
- 2 UNILAG Admission Guidelines
UNILAG School Fees
|Description||Faculties of Science and Languages||Non-Science faculties|
|Hire of Gown||N1000||N1000|
|Description||Science Students||Non-Science Students|
Hostel Fee: The School hostel accommodation costs N25, 000 per year, except for Sodeinde Hall that costs from N65,000 to N85,000 per year.
Postgraduate Diploma: N75,000 – N90,000 across different faculties
Masters and MBA: N75,000 – N150,000 depending on course.
UNILAG Admission Guidelines
- Apply for JAMB and choose the University as your first choice of institution.
- Score the required cut-off mark of your desired course.
- Apply and sit for the university’s post UTME screening exercise.
- You must have a minimum of 5 O’Level credits in relevant subjects (English and Mathematics included) in not more than one sitting.
- An applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree from this University or any approved University;
- Interested candidates who hold other qualification(s) recognised by the senate of the University of Lagos will also be admitted.
- Candidates may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from UNILAG or any other approved university with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates must possess a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50 on 5.0 scale
- All candidates to this programme must contact their department of interest to inquire about the availability of supervisors before applying.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Applicants with the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Candidates with the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0
- Applicants must clear with their departments of interest, as to be sure of the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite is not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
- Every applicant may undergo a selection process; but that will be determined by respective departments.
How to Apply
You can process your application online via the UNILAG School of Postgraduate Studies website.
During the registration, you will be charged an application fee of N22, 500.
Log on to UNILAG SPGS website to apply.