In this post, you will learn all about the school fees and admission guidelines of the University of Port Harcourt.
As an aspirant, the knowledge of these subjects are important. It does not only arm you with the knowledge. It also helps you to get prepared for the best.
UNIPORT School Fees
Newly admitted 100 level and direct entry students pay an acceptance fee of N30, 000 across all faculties.
|Faculty||Fresh Students||Returning Students|
|College of Health Sciences||N117,750||N45,000|
The fees paid by the postgraduate students of the University of Port Harcourt are not really made public.
Nonetheless, from our research we found a presumed range of fees they pay. However we urge you to confirm in the school.
|Programme||New Students||Returning Students|
|PGD||N90,000 to N100,000||N70,000 to N90,000|
- Internal Defence Fee: About N15,000
- External Defence Fee: About N51,000
UNIPORT Admission Guidelines
Candidates seeking admission into undergraduate programme at UNIPORT can either apply via UTME or Direct Entry.
For either of them, you must meet the following requirements:
- Every applicant must have at least five (5) credits in SSCE of which English and Mathematics must be included in the subjects.
- UTME candidates must choose UNIPORT as the first choice of university.
- UTME candidates must score the cut-off mark of their target departments.
- Applicants must follow the JAMB subject guidelines stated in JAMB brochure.
- Direct Entry candidates must be holders of either OND HND or NCE from a recognised institution.
- PGD applicants must have at least a Third Class degree or HND in the field of specialization.
- MBA candidates must possess a B.Sc degree in the field of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale in Accounting, Finance and Banking, Management, or Marketing.
- MBA applicants from related fields must have at least a 3.50 CGPA on a 5.0 scale from PGD programmes.
- M.Sc candidates with a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in the field of specialization with minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5.0 scale or its equivalent are eligible.
- MBA holders in Management Sciences with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5.0 scale or its equivalent are also for M.Sc.
- Candidates for PhD must have an M.Sc in the field of specialization with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.0 scale.
How to Apply
UNIPORT postgraduate applications costs a total of N20, 000 (twenty thousand Naira).
- Pay the application fee
- Log on to the University’s SPGS admission website
- Download the application form and fill it.
You are to submit the completed application form in the school with the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form.