Are you planning to apply for admission at the University of Uyo?
If yes, a proper guide is what you need at this point.
So in this post, you will learn everything about the UNIUYO school fees and admission guidelines (both undergraduate and postgraduate).
UNIOYO School Fees
|Description||New Students||Returning Students|
|Tertiary Institution Social Health Insurance Programme (TISHIP)||2000||2000|
|Student Union Dues||500||500|
|General Studies Registration Handbook||3,500||1000|
|Student Union Constitution/Books||400||Nil|
|Personal Accident Insurance Scheme||400||400|
|Laboratory (For Science and Science-related Courses students)||2000||2000|
|Screening/Verification of Results||1000||Nil|
|Clinical Fees (Pharmacy/Medical Students)||5000||2,500|
|Workshop fees (Engineering and Environmental Studies)||2000||2000|
|Production Fees/Studio (Communication Arts, Theatre Arts, Music)||5000||5000|
- Accommodation/Bed Space: N500
- Hostel Maintenance: N8000
- Entrepreneurial Studies: N2000
- Clinical Hostel: N20, 000
Up until this time, the school fees schedule of UNIUYO postgraduate programmes has not been publicly published by the University.
Therefore, we urge you to verify from the school itself to avoid working with hearsay.
Nonetheless, the postgraduate acceptance fee is N30, 000.
UNIUYO Admission Guidelines
Candidates interested in joining the University as undergraduates can apply for JAMB or purchase the direct entry form.
For whatever mode of entry, every applicant must meet the following admission requirements.
- Applicants must have at least five (5) credits in their O’Level (with English and Mathematics being compulsory) in not more than two sittings.
- Applicants via UTME must do the proper UTME subject combination as stated in JAMB brochure.
- UTME candidates must score up to the cut-off mark of the university.
- Direct entry candidates must be holders of either OND, HND or NCE from a recognised institution.
- UTME candidates must purchase, seat for and pass the University’s post-UTME exercise.
- The DE candidates however, must purchase JAMB Direct form and that of the school.
You can purchase the UNIUYO post UTME or Direct Entry forms on the School’s website now.
- PGD applicants should be graduates from recognised universities or HND holders from reputable polytechnics.
- Master’s Degree applicant should be graduates with at least a Second Class Honours degree in the Lower Division (irrespective of CGPA)
- Applicants for admission into M.Sc Medical Microbiology should be graduates of either Microbiology, Virology or Postgraduate Diploma holder in Microbiology (PGD M) or MBBCh/MBBS and its equivalent.
- PhD applicants should be graduates of any university recognised by the Senate, who possess Master’s degrees with dissertation and an overall average score of at least 60% (B).
- Every applicant should possess a credit pass at O’ Level in five relevant subjects including English Language obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants with ‘O’ Level examination results before 2016 must possess their certificates and not a statement of results or result slips.
- Candidates for LLM and PhD in Law must have credit pass in English Literature as one of the five relevant O’level subjects.
- Applicants for the Faculty of Agriculture must have credit passes in chemistry as one of the five relevant O’ level subjects.
- The NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exclusion Certificate is required from all applicants.
- Every applicant will undergo a screening test which will cover the subject area of specialization and oral interaction in the Department.
- Either the NYSC discharge certificate or Exemption certificate must be submitted with the application form or before the screening test is taken.
Mode of application
The application process is carried out online.
However, you will pay an application fee of N15, 000 (fifteen thousand Naira).
- Enter http://eportals.uniuyo.edu.ng to generate your RRR payment code.
- After payment, return to the website above. Log in with the details you have chosen and fill the online form.
- Print the form and submit it for the Secretary, Postgraduate School, UNIUYO along with the necessary documents.