In this post, you will learn the school fees and admission guidelines of UNN in detail.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka is a federal university located in a town called Nsukka in Enugu State.
It was established in 1955, making it one of the oldest universities in Nigeria.
The University is a prestigious one, having produced many renowned Nigerians who are making waves across the world.
So, if you must join this institution, you will have to read this post carefully.
UNN School Fees
The fees paid by both undergraduate and postgraduate students vary across faculties and levels or type of programme.
However, some pay higher than the others as you can see from the tables below:
|Faculty||1st Year||2nd Year||Other Years|
|Arts||N70, 700||N45, 100||N40, 000|
|Social Sciences||N70, 700||N45, 100||N40, 000|
|Education||N70, 700||N45, 100||N40, 000|
|Agriculture||N70, 700||N45, 100||N40, 000|
|Vocational Technical Education||N70, 700||N45, 100||N40, 000|
|Business Admin||N73, 200||N47, 600||N42, 500|
|Environmental Sciences||N73, 200||N47, 600||N42, 500|
|Engineering||N74, 200||N48, 600||N43, 500|
|Physical Sciences||N71,700||N46, 100||N41, 000|
|Biological Sciences||N71, 700||N46, 100||N41, 000|
|Vet. Medicine||N76, 000||N50, 600||N45, 000|
|Law||N76, 000||N50, 600||N45, 000|
|Medicine||N77, 200||N51, 600||N46, 000|
|Dentistry||N77, 200||N51, 600||N46, 000|
|Health Science and Technology||N77, 200||N51, 600||N46, 000|
|Pharmacy||N77, 200||N51, 600||N46, 000|
PG Diploma: N112, 000 to N130, 000
Masters: N116, 000 to N147, 000
Doctorate Degree: N120, 000 to N155, 000
UNN Admission Guidelines
You can become a UNN undergraduate either through UTME, Direct Entry and JUPEB.
For each of these methods, you must meet all the departmental requirements.Application for UTME and Direct Entry starts with JAMB registration, while the School takes absolute control of when the JUPEB starts.
- Applicants under the age of sixteen (16) will not be admitted.
- Candidates should possess at least five (5) ‘O’ Level credits in relevant subjects of which English and Mathematics must be included.
- UTME Candidates must choose the University as their first choice of institution in JAMB registration.
- UTME candidates must score up to the cut-off mark for their chosen course of study.
- Direct Entry candidates must have two (2) A’ Level passes in relevant subjects and HND, OND or NCE in related fields.
Visit UNN Admission Application Forms Page
The postgraduate programme at UNN is subdivided into Postgraduate Diploma, Master and Doctorate Degrees.
Basic Admission Requirements
- Students seeking admission into the PG programmes shall sit and pass the admission screening examination before being considered for admission (except for Executive/Government-sponsored programmes and international students).
- The minimum qualification for admission into any postgraduate programmes is a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma passed at credit level plus five (5) O’Level credit passes including English Language and any other four (4) subjects relevant for the first-degree admission into that Department.
- Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) will only seek admission for a Master’s degree in the Departments that offer PGD programmes.
- Questions for the screening examinations shall be based on the candidates’ discipline at the Departmental/Faculty level.
- The Department/Faculty shall determine the cut-off mark and forward their recommendations to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies through the Faculty Postgraduate Studies Committee.
- Recommendations for admission shall be strictly based on the carrying capacity of the Department, that is, on the availability of approved supervisors and facilities for teaching and research.
How to Apply
- To apply, log on to www.unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Navigate down to Postgraduate. Click to begin your application.
You will pay a non-refundable application fee of N26, 700 before you will be allowed to fill the rest of the form.
Download the Application Guidelines
Download the UNN postgraduate regulation and requirements.