Are you from Zamfara State and have been wondering about the Zamfara State Scholarship? If your answer to this simple question is yes, then I must reassure you that you are on the right page.
In this article, you will learn all you should know about the scholarship: the eligibility and requirements, how you can apply, and the documents you need to apply with.
We have also brought you a few other scholarships, which students from the State can apply for. So, why not read along carefully as we delve into the discussion now.
A scholarship can relieve you of heavy financial pressure and worries. This keeps you from distractions, and you will have more time to think about your growth and innovation.
Read on to more;
HOW TO APPLY FOR ZAMFARA STATE SCHOLARSHIP
The application for this scholarship is carried out by registering online;
- Log on to https://portal.zamfarassb.org/
- Fill the application form.
- Create a strong password and submit.
Address: C2-Commissioners/Legislative Qtrs, Bye-Pass Gusau, Zamfara State.
The deadline for this scholarship has not yet been published. So if you must stay informed about this information, ensure you subscribe to our newsletter.
The eligibility for the Zamfara State government is very clearly stated and defined from the official state scholarship board website, they include the following:
- Candidates applying for the Scholarship must be indigene.
- Government employees are not eligible
- Candidates who are undergoing sandwich courses are not eligible for the award
- All candidates must have secured an admission from recognized higher institutions of learning to study a course with supporting documents i.e Admission Letter.
- Students of private Universities/Institutions are not eligible for the award
- All Candidates for Matriculation or IJMB courses need to apply after completion of their courses to submit fresh scholarship application forms for his/her Diploma or Degree Programme. (Only Pre-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB, MATRICULATION AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS)
NOTE: A candidate stands to be disqualified at any given time if found to have used fake documents or wrong information to the scholarship board.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- Jamb and school Admission letter into an institution with information on the course of study, year of entry, and duration.
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate.
- Certificate of State of Origin/Local Government Identification.
- PRE-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB certificate for those applying through a diploma or A level.
- School ID card or National ID or any other valid means of identification.
The scholarship is known to have funded a good number of Zamfara State students. Good enough, the application for this scholarship is currently on.
Quickly use the link above to make your application.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP ALTERNATIVES
Read on to find out other alternatives for you to apply. This will increase your chances of securing a lucrative grant or even more, travel abroad.
Federal Government Scholarship
The Ministry of Education annually grant Nigerian students to apply for the Federal government scholarship which comes with great benefits. For more information, Check out the link below;
Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards.
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) allows Nigerian students to study overseas. Check out all the information and things you need to know using the link below;
Latest Oil and Gas Scholarships
So, you can choose to apply for these scholarships under the Oil and gas sector:
- AGIP Scholarship
- NNPC/Total Scholarship
- NNPC/Chevron Scholarship
- Seplat Scholarship
- PTDF Scholarship
You would also want to take the opportunity offered by some fully sponsored local and international scholarships. Do not miss the opportunity.
The Zamfara State government offers scholarships and financial support to her students through the Scholarship Board.
The primary responsibility of the board is the disbursement of bursary allowance to the eligible state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad.
Since the establishment of the board it was been carrying out its statutory functions as follows:
- Payments of bursary to the state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both within and outside the country.
- Liaise with the Federal Scholarship Board and other relevant agencies to look for sponsorship for state indigenes, particularly overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for sponsorship, particularly in overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for the award of scholarship in the Nigerian Institutions of higher learning.
- Advise the students where necessary to go for a course that is relevant to our manpower needs.
- The board from time to time liaised with institutions to monitor student’s academic progress.
If you have carefully studied this article you will find that it contains all the information you need to know about the Zamfara State Government Scholarship.
Be that as it may, if you are still a bit confused and require clarification at some points, please do not hesitate to drop the questions in the comments section, and we will get back to you.
Subscribe to our newsletter to remain updated with this and other scholarship opportunities you would love.
We wish you the very best of luck in your application and quest for higher education.